This Morning- Eric

This morning, I woke up and made my bed. I put on my mandatory white shirt and black pants and I waited by the door until my guard unlocked it. He followed me to the fitness room and left when I walked in. The first thing that I notice is a girl with long brown hair beating a boy up. "Twenty-seven knock it off! Thirteen, Infirmary, now!" I look at my watch, 6:00 a.m.; all the Ghosts should be here. I begin my normal head count.

Then when she walked in, my palms got all sweaty and my heart started beating really fast. I wasn't thinking right. God, she sure is beautiful. Then, I barked at her for being late. I was so mean; I just hope that she will be able to forgive me. I'm scared that if I go easy on her that the other creatures will notice and relationships are forbidden for the Ghosts. They don't want our genes spreading and more creatures like us being created. I explained to her the issue, we have to leave. I do not want to be sent on mission. I do not want to kill.

This morning, I told her Happy Birthday and I saw her smile the most beautiful smile. And later, when I turned to yell at a kid for slacking she left for breakfast and I didn't get to say goodbye. Sometimes, I wish it took her longer to finish all of her exercises just so we could have a moment alone together. The last kid finally finished his exercises and I escorted him to the cafeteria.

Oatmeal is given like normal but with a banana today. I scan the cafeteria and I see Sarah petting Luna. "Can I sit here?"

Sure, I don't see what is stopping you.

Luna, don't talk to him like that. "Yes, Eric, you can sit here."

I say "Thanks" and then when I look into her eyes I smile and look away.

I'll leave you two. Ive got things to do.

"What things?"

You know.... things.