A little town

A/N Sorry it took so long, I just kinda couldn't come up with anything, but now I know where I wanna go!  So the next chapter should come up soon! Swearsies! ~PlaidPrint

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked into the main room I saw Asuma, he was reading a book. I looked at the title. I recognize that book I have seen a masked, white haired, ninja in the village reading it. Wait a second! "Asuma sensai! WHAT IS THAT BOOK ABOUT?!" If that book is what I think it is then......I can't even! Asuma sensai looked up and blushed a little...

"NO! This isn't my book! Kakashi gave me this book...He highly recommends it!" He said trying to defend himself. I just looked at him blank expression on my face.

"Sure," I say not completely convinced. "Anyway I'm gonna go into town do you wanna join me?" I said trying to change the subject. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "GUH!" I said instantly getting my kung-fu on. "Oh, Shikamaru it's just you. I almost chopped your head off." I said setting my hand on his shoulder, relived.

"Yeah ok, anyway can I talk with you in the other room?" Shikamaru said rolling his eyes and pointing towards my room. I nervously looked towards Asuma then back at Shikamaru and followed him. I entered the room before Shikamaru and turned around. What does he want to talk about? Not about last night, right? Wha--

"Hey, Are you sure you wanna go out? I could be dangerous." He said with a surprisingly straight face.

"Aww! I didn't know you cared!" I said mostly joking.

He started blushing really hard. "I don't!" He said looking at the floor --I swear he's so childish sometimes-- He looked me in the eye and started smirking "I just don't want you to start crying again," That was the last straw! I punched him with only about 3/4 of my power and he went flying, he broke my door and an entire WALL!

I walked over to him, "I thought I told you not to ever say a word about that," I said while glaring at him. He just kinda froze looking me in the eye. "Would you like to feel my full power? That can be arranged you know"

"Heh," Shikamaru said in a pained voice, "So, was it as good for you as it was for me?"  As soon as he said that he put hands up and I could move.  I just glared at him.  "Promise you won't hit me and I'll let you go!" 

"Fine, I wont hit you."  and with that he released me.  "Anyway you want to go into town with me?  I brought some spending money so we can get something."

"Sure, you ready to go?" Shikamaru said standing up and brushing himself off.

"Um, yeah ok.  Do we want to invite Choji?" I said.  Ino might tease me if I were to go out alone with him.

"Nah, he said he wanted to catch up on something.  What about Ino?" Shikamaru asked checking himself for scratches.

"NO! She's not comming with us." I said flatly.  She would just tease us the entire time.  Shikamaru just shrugged and we walked out to the town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey this shop looks cool!  Lets check it out!" I say while dragging Shikamaru into another shop.

"Uhg!  Really? Another shop?" Shikamaru groaned.  "Fine,"

When we entered the shop the boy at the counter looked up, he seemed to be about our age.  It looked like he was reading a book, suitable considering it was a bookstore.  I instantly started looking around, and Shikamaru sat down.  Wow so many good choices!  How can I chose?  "Wow, you two make a really cute couple!"  the boy behind the counter said just out of the blue.

"What?!" Shikamaru and I said in unison.  "We are NOT a couple!"  I said almost angry at the boy.  He just laughed.  "Is something funny?"

"Huh, oh, no it's just my sister was just like that, you know with her now husband."  He said as if it was nothing.

"We're just team mates that's all," Shikamaru said.

"Oh, well in that case," He said as he walked out from behind the corner "I'm Tenzi, would you mind if I asked you out?"

I could feel my face turn a bright red, "Well, you see, I'm not from here.  I'm just here on a mission."

"So?  It's just a little date."

"But she could never see you again!" Shikamaru added in hastily.

"I think I can answer for myself," I said while glaring at Shikamaru. "But, um, yeah, what he said."

"Just meet me here in two hours, that's when my shift ends.  I just want to treat you to lunch!" He replied.  I couldn't think of any reason to say no, I mean he's not bad looking, so I nodded.  And with that we left the store and headed back to the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just another half hour till I meet Tenzi for our date.  What do I even do on a date?  I fixed the T-Shirt I put on.  It was the same one as last night.  I can't believe I'm wearing this!  I walked out of the bathroom, and sadly ran into Ino.  "Whoa! Where you going all dolled up like that?"  Shikamaru just stepped out of his room.  He just kinda stared at me for a second.  

"For your information, I have a date!"  I replied almost proud of myself.

"Wow! Good for you, Shikimaru!  You finally hiked up your skirt and asked her out! I know you've been crushing on her for quite some time."  Ino said slapping Shikimaru on the back which snapped him out of his trance.  

I glanced at him.  "What? Oh, no it's not with me.  It's with somedude she met his name is like Suzi or something," Shikamaru said waving his hand like he was waving away his cares.

"His name is Tenzi and Ino if I told you once then I've told you a billion times.  I'm not in a relationship with Shikamaru!"  And with that I was off to go and see Tenzi.

He was standing infront of the store looking around.  When he spotted me he started waving, I waved back of course.  "Hey!  Whoa! You look amazing!  You didn't have to change your cloths."

"Eh, I don't mind!  Anyway where are we going to?" I said looking around, and fixing my shirt, it was a little tight.  

"I was thinking for us to go to the park!" Tenzi said grabbing my hand, he started to pull me off in his direction, I started to stumble forward.  Snap    I stopped dead in my tracks and turned.  Hmmm, I could have sworn I heard a twig snap behind me. Ah oh well.  Before I could thoroughly  search Tenzi pulled me off again.  The thought slipped into the back of my mind as we headed off to the park.