Chapter 1

Three of my friends and I walk into the dental clinic inside a small building. The building is fully furnished, like it is brand new.

"Thanks for coming with me, guys. You know I hate going to the dentist." Athena says as we wait patiently for the assistant to call her name.

"Why do you hate the dentist so much?" Jemma asks.

Athena shudders like she was freaked out with Jem's question. "They just freak me out, ok?" She replies.

We chuckle at her reaction.

"Ms. Athena Merill?" The assistant calls out.

Athena anxiously stands up and turns towards us. "Wish me luck."
We flash her a thumbs up as she walks away.

~*~

It's only been 30 minutes since Athena walked into the dentist's office. We weren't allowed to make too much noise and we were already dying of boredom.

Mavis stood up and stretched her arms and legs. "Let's walk around. We're rotting here."

We all stood up in agreement.

"I'm gonna text Athena." I said as I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick message.

"We're gonna explore. Text us if you're done."

"Prex? Let's go." Jemma said. I nodded and jogged towards them.

~*~

The building was just like any other building but what caught our attention was a small door that was slightly open.

It seemed unsual to have a door that was only about half of our height. When we peeked inside, we saw a stairway to what we supposed was a basement.

Mavis pushed me towards the door. "I dare you to go down."

I shook my head and took a step back. "No way."

"Coward!" She exclaimed.

"Why don't you go down first, then we'll see who's the coward." I replied.

"Coward! Coward!" She kept repeating.

"You're the coward!"

Jemma stepped in between us. "Just shut up. I'll go down first."

We both stared at her in awe and anticipation.

"Go Jemma! Go Jemma!" Mavis and I both exclaimed.

She rolled her eyes and inhaled deeply. She opened the door wider and walked down the stairs.

We waited for her to say something but after a few minutes, we still didn't hear Jemma's voice.

Then we heard a crash that made us jump back. Mavis and I looked at eachother in shock.

"Should we go down there and check on her?" I asked.

Mavis nodded.

We stepped closer towards the door. I grabbed Mavis' arm and together, we descended into the dark pit.

~*~

The walk seemed to last longer than I expected. We still weren't at the bottom yet.

The worst thing was that it was pitch black. The darkness was suffocating me. I'm just glad I clung onto Mavis and I'm even more glad that I wasn't alone.

We walked deeper until we felt somthing blocking our path. But we soon realized that it wasn't a thing. It was a figure of a person.

The figure stood up and didn't move for awhile.

I couldn't scream or move. I felt Mavis shaking beside me.

I thought it didn't see us but I was dead wrong. It cocked it's head to the side and turned around towards us.

As I was about to collapse in fear, it ever so slowly raised it's hand and placed it on my shoulder.

"Prex?" It said.

"Jemma!" Mavis exclaimed and wrapped her arms around Jemma.

I sighed in relief. Thank goodness.

"What was that crash?" I asked as we continued to walk further down.

"I kinda slipped but I'm fine." She replied.

I saw a dim light illuminating from the bottom of the stairs. We all smiled in triumph. We made it to the bottom.

The basement was huge. It was almost equivalent to half of the building. There were bookcases placed all around the room. It was like an old dusty library.

"Woah." The three of us whispered.

We dashed towards the bookcases where a few books were stacked. I was so intrigued with the whole set up that I started to aimlessly walk around.

I found a book that caught my attention but when I was about to pick it up, I heard a scream which sounded like it belonged to Mavis.

Jemma grabbed my arm and we rushed over to where the scream originated from which was at a corner of the room.

When we got there, we saw Mavis lying on the cold floor, unconscious. I rushed over to her and started shaking her awake.

"Mavis! Wake up!" I exclaimed.

I heard Jemma gasp. She was looking at something on the wall.

When I turned to look at what she gasped about, I almost peed in my pants.

It was a giant eye that was glued to the wall.

And it blinked

And it blinked.

Jemma's body fell unconscious infront of me but I didn't mind it. What had my attention was the eye.

It's pupil seemed to grow larger, slowly digging itself into my soul.

Before I knew it, everything turned black.

~*~