Epilogue

It's been over a month since the incident.

Jemma woke up and she was able to cope up with not being able to speak, glad that she was still alive. We told her everything that happened. I didn't realize that I was crying when I finished telling the story. They comforted me, making me happy I had friends like them.

Haru disappeared too after the incident. I felt sad that he left but I realized that his spirit needed to rest. We did share a kiss, though. In the short time that I met him,I felt so secure and comfortable with him. If he was still alive, he would've been my first boyfriend. I wonder if my kids would ever believe me if I told them that my first kiss was with a ghost.

Everything was almost back to normal. The traumatizing experience was fading from our minds.

I smiled as I climed onto my bed. When I closed my eyes, I instantly drifted off to sleep.

I saw Haru in Mavis in my dreams. Haru's little sister was there too. They were running towards me. I smiled but then I realized that they weren't happy. They were warning me.

My dream shifted and I saw the eye. It blinked open. Somehow, it looked like it was smiling at me.

A voice suddenly echoed in my head.

"As you slip into darkness,
You shall never return.
Engulfed in your thoughts,
your fear shall burn.
Scream out loud,
But there's no way out.
Trapped in the shadows of your heart.
Hope you're not afraid of the dark."

I gasped awake. I blinked my eyes a few times but somehow, it was still dark. I couldn't see anything. I couldn't hear anything.

I screamed but there was nothing. I felt my eyes become wet. Hot t
ears rolled down my cheeks.

Fear slowly made it's way into my heart that was beating so fast. My breath hitched until I couldn't control it anymore. I knew that anytime, I could pass out.

My eyes were open and I was screaming

I felt hands grab me and I jumped back in panic but I felt a familiar bracelet so I knew it was my mom. I let her hug me as I broke down.

Trapped in darkness forever. Alone. That was what I was afraid of the most.