Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of a voice calling out to me.

"Hey Miss, wake up." A person said. It was a guy's voice.

I sat up from my position and clutched my head in my hands. For some reason, it was throbbing.

I sat there for a few seconds, trying to recall what happened. Then it flashed into my mind. Big. Red. Eye.

I jumped back, crashing into a body.

"Prex, what the hell?" Jemma muttered behind me.

"What are you girls doing here?" The guy asked.

Mavis woke up as well.

The room was completely dark unlike awhile ago when it was dimly lit and I could tell the eye wasn't there anymore.

"We have to get out of here." Mavis said quickly and we all stood up to find the stairs.

"It's over here." The guy said.

"Who are you?" I asked him as we walked over to where he was.

I couldn't see him properly but I could see his figure. He ran his hand through his hair. "I'm Haru."

I smiled at him even though he couldn't see it. "Thanks for your help, Haru."

"But wait, Haru, why are you here too? Do you know anything about the big eye?" Jemma asked.

Haru stayed silent but we waited for him to say something.

"Look, you shouldn't have come here. All I'm gonna say is this isn't the last time we're gonna see eachother." He replied and walked away into the distance.

We rushed back upstairs. It felt like it was a shorter walk compared to when we were going down.

When we pushed the door open, Athena was standing on the otherside.

"I knew you were in there." She said as we rushed out and shut the door.

"What were you guys doing there?" She asked.

Mavis, Jemma and I fell to the floor, out of breath and throbbing heads.

Athena stood there patiently. "You have a lot of explaining to do.

"But first, let's get out of here." I said as I started walking towards the exit.

~*~

"I'm having a hard time believing you." Athena muttered.

"But it's true!" The three of us said alltogether.

"A big eye? Come on guys, I'm not that dumb." She muttered again.

"Then go find out for yourself." Jemma said, probably pissed because Athena wouldn't believe us.

"Let's just go. We have class tomorrow. I don't wanna talk about what happened." Mavis stated as she shuddered at the thought.

And so, we all left for home.

I didn't get much sleep that night. Sleep paralysis took over and I heard whispers in my ear. Shadows looked down on me from above.

"Tell me, Prex. What are you afraid of?" A voice asked me in the form of a whisper.

My heart raced as I furiously blinked my eyes and tried to get the feeling of my body back.

The shadows seemed to sense my fear which they enjoyed. Laughter echoed throughout the room.

I was just probably hallucinating because of the sleep paralysis.

But little did I know that I was wrong.