Maximillion Pegasus x Reader

Reader's POV

His futile attempts were always in vain. I admired his determination to bring her back... I missed her too but some things were meant to be. Even now when I'm comforting him in the privacy of his bedroom, his sobs of agony bouncing off the walls and echoing in the room, she wasn't coming back.

"Oh (Y/n) I miss her so much... The millennium items were the only thing that could bring her back but even that chance was snatched away from me..." He wailed pitifully. I couldn't even watch this anymore! It hurt to see him like this and what hurt the most was that I couldn't do anything to help.

I rubbed at his shoulder gently, the warmth from my hand a simple gesture of comfort as he slowly relaxed. He's sniffling had eased up too, his body just laying there in silken sheets that covered his bed. "Max... listen. These aren't the words you want to hear but you have to be a little more cooperative with me." I whispered to him, I didn't dare raise my voice when he was this fragile.

I sat him up and when I saw the look on his face I felt so disheartened. His eye was dull and lifeless and his skin pale and sickly. I petted his hair gently to coax him to keep his attention on me.

"Max... listen Cecelia isn't coming back. We all knew the moment she left us that she would never return. And with where she is I don't think she would approve of your behaviour. Please Maximillion... I care deeply about you so please don't do this to me.. don't leave me.." I murmured softly, my fingers stopping their movement through his hair.

His eye was on me, waiting for me to continue. I wanted to tell him that I loved him but I couldn't get the words out. Not yet anyway. He was still grieving after all this time but I knew not to push it.

He seemed deep in thought before a smile stretched across his lips. His eye gaining back a little light. He moved a little closer and put his arms around me in a tight hug. I stiffened in his arms before finally nuzzling him in appreciation.

"Thank you (Y/n)... I needed this. I... I know Cecelia won't come back... and it finally sunk in now... It will take me some time but I think I can accept you as my own... I know (Y/n) I know.." He whispered in my ear.

He knew? I thought I was pretty good at hiding what I felt but this was something that I did not expect. I couldn't help the smile that slowly made its way to my face. I was happy that he didn't push me away. I didn't mind waiting for him if it meant that he would finally have closure.

"Thank you Max..."

"No thank you..."

This was requested by animeangel97 . This right here is for her birthday!! So Happy Birthday!!! I'm sorry of its a bit short but I've never really written for someone like Pegasus so please understand.

screwLogic101 out~