Chapter 5

Tessa's POV

I storm down the busy corridor not watching where I'm going when I suddenly bump into somebody's firm chest; I look up and notice that it is Alex,

"Tes, are you okay?" He asks and as soon as he says them four words I collapse to the floor and grab my head as it begins to throb painfully.

He rushes and holds me to him as I start to scream out in pain.

"Tes, what's going on are you okay???" He gushes out worried.

"My....head....it....hurts...." I reply as darkness seeps into my vision until everything goes  black...

-Flashback-

I'm running around in a large garden playing hide and seek with a boy who has similar features to me. He has short blond hair and looks about 14 whilst I'm about 10, he also has purple eyes and he is wearing grey jeans along with white t-shirt. It looks as though we are playing hide and seek because he suddenly yells out,

"Ready or not here I come!"

I giggle because I know he will never find me in this amazing hiding place behind the rose bush.

"You won't find me!" I call out confidently.

"Are you sure?" He questions laughing.

"Yep I'm sure." I reply laughing back.

"Well then, you better not look behind you!" He teases.

I turn and look behind me and there he is stood grinning

"Tyler, you cheated!!" I yell as I run away from him.

Suddenly, I fall over painfully and graze my knee; tears start threatening to spill out of my eyes because it hurts badly. Tyler suddenly runs over to me and says,

"Tes, are you okay?" .............

-End of flashback-

"Tes, wake up...please." I hear Tyler say.....wait that wasn't Tyler that was...Alex.

My eyelids feel light as they begin to flutter open.

"Nurse she's waking up!!" Alex shouts as he quickly lets go of my hand which he seemed to have been holding all the time whilst I was out.

"Ok, dear I'm coming." I hear a woman reply as she comes into view. I notice that it is Mrs Blake.

I sit up abruptly and notice that I'm in what seems to be a medical room.

"Alex?" I ask.

"Yeah Tes?" He replies, whilst Mrs Blake checks my temperature and gives me the okay to go.

"I think....I think I have a brother." I say slowly processing the words in my head more so then his.

"But you told me you were and only child?" He questions.

"I thought I was.." I reply as I get up and walk out of the medical room with Alex.

"Oh, how did you find out?" He asks.

"Well I had a kind of.. flashback and he was in it....his name is Tyler." I tell him.

"Woah cool a flashback, I thought they only happened in movies." He says whilst grinning.

"Alex I need to tell you something about him though..." I say but he is too interested talking to himself.

"I wanna have a flashback that would be awesome!" He laughs.

"Alex....." I say a bit louder.

"I could be flashback Alex!" He says.

"Alex???" I ask once again.

"Wow....I'd be so cool.....I mean obviously I'm cool already....I'd just be even.....cooler!" He blabbers on.

"ALEX!!!!" I yell as he looks at me as if he is finally noticing my presence.

"Yeah Tes?" He asks me.

"Y'know Tyler?" I say to him.

"Yes." He says with a concerned frown on his face.

"He's.....well he's..... from ..." I stutter.

"Spit it out Tes!" He exclaims.

"Alex,he's from Arcadia...." I whisper....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Authors Note ~

Thanks for reading chapter five of 'Broken Barriers'!!!!
So, Tessa has a brother from Arcadia called Tyler. Will she find out more about him or will she ask Kate for information about him that she herself does not know... Well, you'll have to find out next chapter....

Vote, Comment, Share!!!!!

~carxlinefxrbes_