Wings

A/N: So you all know, their wings can appear and disappear on command. They are usually concealed unless needed :) 

Word count: 2,660

Warnings: None? 

Age: 6 

"Phil, sweetie, It's time to go to bed!" Phil's mother said gently.

"Coming Mummy!" Phil said as he scrambled up the stairs. When Phil gets to his room he changed into his Pajamas and jumped into bed. "Mum?" He mumbled.

"Yes,  Philly?" Phil's mom responded.

"Why do we have wings?" Phil asked.

"Well,  they're to find your soulmate. Your soulmate has the exact same wings as you do." She explained.

"What's a soulmate?" Phil tilted his head slightly.

Phil's mother smiled. "A soulmate is like a best friend, but better. It's someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. No matter what happens they'll always be there. No matter how many fights you have, big or small. They may not be perfect to anyone else but they're perfect for you." 

Phil grinned " Are you and Dad soulmates?" Phil's mom nodded. "Do they have to be a girl?" Phil questioned.

She shook her head. "No, they don't. They can be a boy a girl or someone in between."

"Wha-" Phil's mom cut him off.

"I think it's time to go to sleep my little lion, feel free to ask me any more questions in the morning." She said softly.

"Okay, Good night mummy " Phil closed his eyes and went to sleep.

Age: 17

Phil didn't want to go to school. He didn't mind the classes he just hated a certain student who just so happened to have 3 classes with Phil; Dan Howell. Dan and Phil always had small fights over the smallest things. Most of their fights were just words but sometimes they got a little more extreme. 

Phil's Mum opened Phil's door "Come on Phil. You're going to be late!" 

Phil groaned and rolled out of bed. He opened his closet grabbed his white shirt, black pants, and a red tie. Phil thought that the school uniform was boring and dull. Grabbing his bag, he went downstairs. " Morning Mum!" Phil smiled as he ran down the stairs. 

"Morning Phil!  Your Father has already left for work. So you're going to have to walk to school as I'm leaving for work now." Phil's mother said. She opened the door.  "Don't forget to feed the hamster you bought last month!" She yelled as she left the house.

(A/N: Sorry not sorry for that reference. If you don't get it then... keep it that way)

Phil fed the hamster, grabbed his bag and left for school. Phil walked into the school and guess who he sees. None other than Dan Howell... " Hey, Lester!" Dan growled.

Phil groaned. " What do you want Howell?"

Dan walked over to Phil. "Lester, I saw you talking to my girlfriend yesterday. Why?" Dan shoved Phil. 

Phil just sighed. "Dan I can't deal with your BS right now. Can we argue later? We're or should I say I'M going to be late for class, seeing as you could care less."