Chapter 5

Vanessa POV

I read Jake's message as I hang out with my mother in the living room.

"wow a party, you're going, no denies", mom shrieks.

I text him back,

Me: of course, I'll love to go to the party, but what to wear?

"leave that to me", mom smiles as we watch the re runs of Teen Wolf.

I don't really know my father, so I ask her.

"mom?"

"yes, Vanessa", she says, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"who's my father?", I ask and she froze, then went into shut down mode.

She turns away from me when I tears come out her eyes.

"mom?"

"we shouldn't talk about him", she says and leaves the living room.

I sigh, I know I have his hair and height, cause I am almost taller than my mom.

"mom, I am going over to Dianne's house", I say going to the front door.

"okay, be back by dark", she replies from her study room.

I put on my jacket and wall down the block to Dianne's house.

When I reach, I hear screaming onside,

"you piece of shit, you're not my daughter!", Dianne's mom shouts.

"the feeling is mutual, you're not my mother neither!", Dianne screams and then I hear a baby crying.

"you see you woke the baby up, she's yours you should feed her", Dianne says.

"my baby? That's yours you didn't have the guts to hand her up for adoption", the mother shouts.

"she's not mines, I didn't open my legs for some random guy", Dianne shouts and then it went silent..

I see Dianne's mom walk s out the front door and slam it, then went into a vehicle which now arrive.

I open the door and hear crying from both Dianne and the baby.

"Di" I say, walking up the stairs.

"oh Vanessa, she has gotten worse, I am happy Daniel isn't here to see the fight", she says and cries on my shoulder.

The baby keeps crying and Dianne picks her up from her crib.

"mom gave birth a month ago and she isn't doing a good job at taking care of her", Dianne says as she takes out her formula, then her bottle.

Dianne's mom is an alcoholic and loves to smoke and sleep around after her husband died some years ago.

Dianne was 14 and her little brother was 7.

She made Dianne when she was 19 years old and got married at age 21.

"I have to work today, but I can't since I have to watch Daniella", she sighs.

"maybe my mom can", I say.

"thanks, but Daniel would be home soon and I can't leave him home by himself", she says.

"my mom would go pick him up and then you can go work, by the way, where are you working?", I ask.

Dianne got a job at the end of summer, but I don't know where.

"at a strip club", see mumbles.