Chapter 1

"Great" you thought as you walked into the door 5 minutes late. "Where have you been?" "Out" is all you said when your drunk father questioned where you had been. Your answer was not good enough for his drunk little mind. He kept after you and you tried to do what you always did and just ignore him and go to your room that did not work this time. "I said where have you been!!!" He said his voice raising in anger. "It doesn't matter. You never cared anyway you drunk!" You said letting the words role off your tongue without even thinking about it. This time he didn't say a word and when he is drunk it's dangerous. He turned around and slapped you so hard you hit the ground with a thud and a bruise already forming. You ran upstairs to your room without hesitation locked the door and cried yourself to sleep. You woke up early the next morning got dressed and met your friend, Rusty-James, downstairs. You have known him your whole life and was all you really had since your brother left. "Come on Blaze. hurry up we're gonna be late for school." "Ok ok chill" you said taking care not to let him see the bruise that you had tried to cover up but was still visible. "James I swear I can't take this anymore. I gotta get outta here. It's been a living nightmare since mom died." I know he said trying to soothe me. I wished Dallas would have took me with him when he left. You think walking into the run down school building. Nothing important happened at school but when you got home you were in for a big shock.