Chapter 17

It was Steve. You both took off and ran to Steve. He was passed out cold. He was hurt bad. "I'll go get Darry" you said taking off at a dead run to the Curtis house. You ran as hard as you could. After a few minutes of running you got to the Curtis house. "Darry!! Steve was jumped he's in the lot. He's hurt bad." Is all you could say because you were breathing so hard. "He's passed out cold." You managed to say. Before anyone else could think or act you and Darry were out the door and at the lot. On a few minutes the rest of the guys were right there. Dallas looked mad that someone would do this to one of his friends. Johnny was a different site. He looked like he was gonna be sick. Pony didn't know what to do he just stood there. And Two-bit. He was about to lose it. This is what they looked like when Steve got hurt I can only imagine what it was like when Johnny got jumped. Soda was on the ground beside Steve. And Darry was looking at him. You knelt down beside soda. "We need to get him to the hospital now!" Darry said. "I'll go get the truck" Two-bit said taking off at a full on sprint to the Curtis house. A few minutes later they were back with the truck. Darry picked up Steve and placed him in the back of the truck. Soda and you hopped in the back. Darry, pony, and Johnny all got into the cab of the truck. Dallas and two-bit rode in two-bit's car. Darry drove as fast as he could and finally you guys got to the hospital. Darry drove up to the emergency entrance. Some people who work there came outside and put Steve on a stretcher and took him inside. Darry went and parked the truck then walked into the waiting room with you guys. Soda looked like he was about to burst into tears. The rest of the guys didn't know what to think. This was the guys who fought off a bunch of socs with a busted bottle. All you could do is sit with soda and the guys and wait. All soda did was hold on to you as tight as he could with his buried in your shoulder holding back tears. After what seemed like hours the doctor came out to tell you guys about Steve. "He is in stable condition now. We had to take him into surgery as soon as he got here. His left arm is broke in 3 different places. 4 of his robs are broke and his right ankle is sprained very severely. He also required several stitches. 50 in total. Several here and there and there was 2 major places that took about 10 stitches each. Steve is not ready for visitors right now. You kids need to go home and get some rest. Come back tomorrow morning and you can see him." Is all the doctor said before turning around and walking away. It was about 10:30. You and the guys had been at the hospital all day. Nobody even tried to talk the doctor into letting them see him now because everyone was to stunned to say anything. You all just got up and walked to the truck and two-bit's car. Darry, Soda, and you rode in the truck. Pony, Johnny, Dallas, and two rode in twos car. As soon as you got in the truck next to soda he burst into tears. Crying like a baby. You pulled him closer to you. Darry didn't say a word. He didn't know what to say. He just sat there and let you comfort soda. He cried himself to sleep. Darry carried him inside and to his and pony's room. He laid him down on the bed. "Blaze" soda said as soon as Darry laid him down. He got up and went straight to you. The guys laughed at it. "Does the big baby need a blankie?" Two bit said in a baby voice. "Shut up two bit." You said throwing him a death stare. "What is it soda?" You asked in the sweetest voice you had. "I want you to come lay down with me please" he said using the baby voice grabbing your hand. "Just for a little bit." You said with a smile from his voice. You went and lay down with Soda and fell asleep.

Hey all it's me hope y'all like the update. Tell me what y'all think. Over 400 reads I'm so happy bout that. Thanks y'all 4 reading. Don't 4get to comment and tell me what y'all think. Will update soon. Bye 4 now. 😄😄😄🙃🙃😄😄😀

Stay gold