2 : Johnny B. Goode

Fact*

1. In May 1980, the band were on the lookout for a new singer; Le Bon was recommended by an ex-girlfriend. According to reports, he turned up to his audition in pink leopard-print trousers, a brown jacket and pointy boots. "Anyone who looks that stupid," Nick Rhodes said, "is positively the one."

Her POV

"How's your father" Mum asked over the phone. "Have you actually seen him?, did he recognized you?"

I smiled. "Mom, of course, and he was really loving, making sure I was comfortable and that I have everything I need, it's cool"

"It better be cool" She says.

My parents weren't married. Dad never even got the chance to sign my  birth certificate when I was born because my mother hated him so much, that  explains why my surname is still Joson and not Penn.

Dad was a big time businessman at the time my mom met him, and he  didn't want to be tied down even when my mom got pregnant with me, he  didn't marry her and she didn't want to married to him either, because she said he was too workaholic for her.

I rolled over the bed still pressing the large phone into my ear.

"He wants me to go to this trip in Vermont with this band he's currently handling, can you believe they're named Duran Duran?"

"Honey, they all come up with weird names" She said giggling. "Come with your father on the tour, you might just like it, plus you get to  travel around for free"

I nodded. "Yeah, that sounds really good"

"Think about it Ade, you don't have all the time, soon you're schooling will start again" Mom said. "I'll try to call you again before the day ends, I'm headed to work right now, I love you baby"

"Ok, safe trip, love you too"  I made a kissing sound before ending the call.

I put the phone down on the nightstand before pulling myself up to a sit.

I was still full from all the food my dad made me eat back at the dinner, he ordered almost everything from the menu, I asked Shane to sit down with us and surely he was big help clearing off the plates.

I learned some things from Shane during dinner, he's only 18, he's from Winnipeg Canada and he's taking up fine arts.

I reached on my side in search for my bottle of water, I sighed when I realized it was empty, I have to get myself a new one.

My eyes darts to the wall clock hanging on top of the door, it was already 1 am.

I climbed down the bed and slipped my slippers on. I opened the door and stepped out into the cold and empty hallway.

The hallway was dimmed and calmed, everybody must be asleep already so I have to be really quiet.

I lifted my hands on the walls so that I wouldn't bump or hit into anything.

I easily found my way to the kitchen even though it was dark.

I froze on my tracks when I saw a silhouette moving in the dark.

"Jesus!"

I put my hands up my chest when I felt that my heart almost jumped out.

Suddenly the lights turned on, flickering at first before it finally turns on.

A man was standing infront of the refrigerator, he was holding a  bottle of bourbon on his hand, his other hand was touching the lights switch on the wall.