Johnlock (BBC's Sherlock)

The rain patters against the windows of a certain flat in England. Inside the flat two men sit across from each other, one with a laptop on his lap typing away, the other one with his head on his hand and a bored expression on his sharp features.
"John," he drawls finally, "when will you be done?"
For a man his age and of his position one would think he'd be more mature and wouldn't whine like an impatient child.
"Just a few more paragraphs, Sherlock," John responds, his eyes not leaving the screen that illuminated them.
"But Gi-"
"Greg."
"Greg," his eyes roll, disliking his short friend's correction. "He told me you were to come with me whenever I go out because of my temper... Oh! Mycroft, you little -"
"And done!" John presses a few more keys and shuts his laptop with a sigh.
"Where was it you wanted to go again, Sherlock?"
"I've told you fifteen times already, Doctor! The rain'll be stopping in a few minutes and I'd like to go out to get food!"
"As in a date? Like before? Sherlock, people think we are a couple when we do that!"
The dark haired man waves a slim hand in dismissal. "Let them think what they want to think. Do you want chips? I want chips. Let's go!"
He pushes himself up off his chair , swinging his scarf and coat onto his thin form. "Hat, no hat, hat?"
"The people like the hat," John says, clumsily pulling on his puffy coat and slipping on his shoes.
"Hat it is then." Holmes places the deerstalker onto his dark curls and sweeps open the door and looks down.
"Hello, Mrs. Hudson! How are you? Don't look in the fridge or under the couch cushions, have a wonderful evening - is that a new perfume? Love it! It suits your kind but frightening old woman housekeeper drug dealer's wife... Ness!"
John and Mrs. Hudson look at each other, then the smiling Sherlock's face. "Come on, John!"
With a sigh, the other male starts to follow.
"Is that man all right?" Mrs. Hudson asks the short man who shrugs helplessly.
"What has he been taking?" she asks herself, shaking her head.

The duo exit the building in near sync, the cool, damp wind swirling around them.
Sherlock sets off at a brisk pace, John jogging after him.

Sherlock enters a small café, nodding to one of the waitstaff who nods and directs them towards a semi-secluded table for two, handing them their menus before scurrying off, a large grin on her face.
Sherlock Holmes and John Watson looked at her! And talked to her!

"What is this?" Watson asks, looking up for his menu, the duo having taken their seats.
"What does it look like to you?"
"Erm, a date?"
"Then it's a date." Sherlock looks up at Watson and smiles.
John blinks, several times, before nodding.

"Okay, okay, so. I'm on a date. With Sherlock Holmes. How can this day get any crazier?"

"About a hundred different ways depending on what you say, order, and do," the other's voice drags out the O and flashes his white teeth.

After they have ordered, eaten, paid, and left, the doctor and detective head back to their flat.

Half way there, Sherlock pulls John into a doorway and stares at the ground, his hands on the latter's arms.

"John Watson, I love you."
Sherlock was as blunt as one could be, not seeing the point in making a huge monologue or a dramatic action to profess his love.

"You big idiot," Watson exhales, hurt flashes briefly in Sherlock's bright eyes.
"It took you long enough."

The two embrace each other, John's arms around Sherlock's waist, Sherlock's arms around John's neck.
Watson looks up at Holmes, leaning in and letting their lips collide.

---
This got done much faster then I thought it would. This is also my first ever Johnlock one-shot. Hope you liked it!