Chapter Two

Omg Jake's here!

Brandon and Jake sat on the bench further down the park and i could see them conversing. I immediately got butterflies at the sight of Jake.

Was i really head over heels with him? My subconscious nags. "Who are we looking at?" Kate asked making me jump at her unexpected questioning. "Ummm nobody!" I stated quicker than I expected. "Oh okay, so i'll just pretend i didn't see you staring at Jake!" she said. "What did I miss?" Emily asked realizing that for the first time she wasn't buzzing her nose into peoples business as usual. "Nothing important," I answered without hesitation. "Why don't you just talk to him Ella," Kate stated. "Last summer we both met up at the Tea Tree Camp and we spoke but that was the last time I saw him," I said.

"So thats why you should talk to him now!" she protested. I nodded but honestly I was too afraid to speak to him. "Talk to who?" Emily asked. Still trying to find out what we were talking about. "Wait, isn't that Jake over there with Brandon," Emily asked. "We know!" Kate and I shouted in unison. "Oh thats who you were talking about," Emily said giggling. "Okay so what should i say?" I asked. "Just be yourself,"Kate answered. I smiled and gave her a hug, she seemed to always know what to say.

Every time i got closer to the bench where they were sitting my heart beat more loudly. Kate realized i was nervous and gave me that reassuring hand squeeze letting me know its gonna be okay. Not like it's the end of the world my subconscious snared.

Just about three inches away from the bench he looked up and our eyes met. He gave a lovely smile and said,"I haven't seen you for so long, i missed you!" He got up and was running toward me so i let go Kate's hand to give him a hug, but he ran passed me and hugged another girl.

I stood there speechless and for the first time my subconscious was in awe. When he walked back he passed me straight with his hands around her shoulder. " Oh hey Ella this is my..." but before he could continue i ran off in tears.