Chapter One// A Voice Thou Not Heard//

Snowkit's head shot up. Where am I? He thought.

Do not be afraid little one. A voice seemed to say.

Who are you?

Oh little one, soon you will find what you seek. Shh now.

But...

No buts kitten. Let your leg heal. You need the rest.

Snowkit couldn't help but feel tired. Okay.

As he lay his head down, the thought occurred to him. How could I hear her, but nothing else?

A starry cat appeared in his vision. She was brown and white, and nearly invisible, as if she was a shade away from being nonexistent. Or-

Forgotten. The she-cat mewed sadly. It was the same voice he had heard earlier.

But why? Don't you have a family that loves you? Snowkit's mother flashed in his eyes she was smiling, but she was also crying. I knew she was crying.

Please do not cry little one. What will you leave behind? Oh, but we all still die.

What's that supposed to mean? Snowkit stopped crying.

Only time will tell, Snowkit. She meowed, her sweet scent filling his nostrils.

Snowkit? Is that my name? What's yours?

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I am Bright Stream. My Tribemates walked here before you. Slept in your dens, caught your prey. Something I never got to experience. Now please go to sleep.

Okay... Snowkit did not sleep easy, he kept thinking about what Bright Stream had said. We all still die.