two || the grill

cecilia forbes

"His name is Stefan Salvatore," my breath hitched at Caroline's words, "He lives with his uncle at the old Salvatore boarding house, he hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue."

I smiled when I heard that his favorite color was still the same after all these years, but quickly shook my head and forgot about it.

"You got all of that in one day?" Bonnie questioned.

"Oh, please! I got all of that between third and fourth period. We're planning a June wedding." Caroline responded before walking off to greet some others and Bonnie and I decided to sit with Matt.

After saying out hello's, the first thing Matt mentioned was Elena, "How's Elena doing?"

"Her mom and dad died. How do you think?" Bonnie questioned, "She's putting on a good face but it's only been four months."

"So I'm not the only one whose not buying the 'I'm fine' act." I nodded and Bonnie gave me a look that confirmed my statement.

"Has she said anything about me?" Matt wondered.

"Really, Matt? You can speak to her yourself. We are not getting in the middle of whatever you have going on with her." I said and Bonnie nodded in agreement.

"I feel weird talking to her, she broke up with me." Matt explained.

"Give it more time, Matt." Bonnie said.

"Or just suck it up and pick up the phone." I suggested and Matt glared at me.

A second later, the door could be heard opening.

Curious to see if it was Elena or not, I turned around to see that Elena had arrived but not alone.

My eyes widened, he was the last person I expected to be here.

I froze as he scanned the room, but when I saw the surprised look on his face when his eyes landed on me I immediately turned away from him.

"C'mon, let's go say hello." Bonnie nudged me, much to my dismay.

I trudged behind Bonnie at a much slower pace which caused her to get father away from me by the second.

By the time I had gotten there, both Caroline and Bonnie had said their greetings.

"Hey Elena," I started. She said a hello back and suddenly I was in front of Stefan.

For who knows how long, Stefan and I stared at each other, unsure of what to do. I could feel the others watching as we did so, so I decided to take action because this was probably beginning to look odd.

I stuck my hand out, offering it to Stefan, "Hello, I'm Ceci Fraser."

"Stefan Salvatore. It's a pleasure," Stefan paused as he shook my hand, "Ceci."

I bit my lip as he said the name. It brought back so many memories, he was the one who gave me the nickname after all.

April 18, 1860