Kindly Ones Aren't Very Kind

Hi! Brief reminder from yours truly that I am about to fight one of the worst monsters in existence and I have no idea what I'm doing! Wish me luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to summon some confidence as I prepared for the fight. I gripped my new sword tight in my hand as the Kindly One flew at us with a fiery whip. To my right, Marco frantically played a song on his pan flute that I didn't recognize but whatever it was supposed to do didn't seem to have much effect on the Kindly One. To my left, my dad was muttering something about bird abuse and baseball and had the steel bat ready to swing if the monster got anywhere near me. The Kindly One attempted to slice me in half with her flaming whip, but I dodged to the right just in time to only receive a few singed hairs on my arms. The whip striking the ground instead of me started a small fire that quickly began to spread. With the flying, whip-carrying monster still lunging after me, my dad took the chance to pound the Kindly One's head to a pulp. Except that the steel bat had about the same effect on the monster as it would have had on a brick wall. Except that brick walls can't fight back.
"That bat won't do anything Mr. Rosewood!" Marco yelled over the crackle of growing flames. "Only a few substances work on monsters and steel isn't one of them! Emma! You have to kill it with the sword!
     "Foolish girl! You really think you can kill me?" screeched the monster.
     "Percy did." I then took my chance to slice off her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haha whoops! Just might have forgotten to squeeze this story into my schedule, but I'm on break so I'll try to get this written! Sorry about that, but most of the chapters before this one have been written for months and I actually had to write this one, so it might start taking a tad longer.
-R