|1|

"Morning sunshine!" Dean greeted his long time boyfriend, Castiel, from the kitchen where he was attempting to make golden brown pancakes.

  Castiel stretched and yawned while making his way into the messy kitchen Dean was cooking in.

  "Good morning Dean." Castiel replied in a raspy morning voice messing with his black bed hair. He made his way to Dean who gave him a peck on the check.

  Normally mornings in the couple's small apartment would be hectic. Dean would normally be looking for his keys at this hour already late for his job at SINGER'S AUTO,a mechanic shop owned by a close family friend while Castiel would be getting dressed and preparing lesson plans for the class he taught at the local high school. 

  Today was sunday. A warm summer Sunday. The windows were open to let in the nice breeze from outiside along with the bright shine the sun gave off.

  Dean stared at the way the sun perfectly hit Castiel's raven hair making it look like a light brown color. Dean felt incredibly lucky to have Castiel in his life. Before he was just a complete mess, drinking everyday as well as going out everynight and ending up in a stranger's bed the next day. When meeting Castiel his life changed in the best way possible.

  Dean sighed catching Castiel's attention.

  "How did I get so lucky?" Dean wondered.

  "I dont know seeing Im the lucky one." Castiel responded attempting to reach coffee mugs from a high shelf.

  Dean laughed quitely before helping the smaller man reach the mugs.

  "Thank you." Castiel thanked Dean and rewarded him with a kiss. All Dean could do was smile.

  Peace filled the small apartment along with the smell of burnt pancakes and hot coffee. All the couple could do was laugh at Dean's pancakes and smile. It was days like these the couple knew to appreciate and live in the moment. Days filled with quiet and peace.

That was when Castiel started coughing.