Chapter: 28

Jack was seriously starting to hate social events, all he wanted to do was have some alone-time, to work on some of his projects in his Lab for a couple days like he used to instead of having to take part in one of his mothers extravagant parties

Jack was seriously starting to hate social events, all he wanted to do was have some alone-time, to work on some of his projects in his Lab for a couple days like he used to instead of having to take part in one of his mothers extravagant parties. It had only been a couple of days since he attended the Yule Ball and he was due back a Hogwarts on the 3rd, by then he wouldn't have got the chance to get any work done.

"What are you doing?!" Lucy scolded, storming past Jack, who'd been wondering the mansion's ballroom idly, towards one of the young maids who looked terrified "The colour-scheme is Silver and Green! Why are you hanging the Red drapes?!"

"B-because you wanted it festive, Madam" Joyce squeaked nervously as Jack watched one of the senior maids 'tsk' at her from across the ballroom while handing a pair of vibrant green drapes. Dora had been with the Spicer family since before Jack could remember and had always knew what his mom wanted, even with how vague her requests where.

"This party is being attended by the worlds most respectable and renowned people! I wanted 'festive' not Tacky! Do you want them to think the Spicer's are tacky?!" Lucy stressed, smacking the 'tacky' red cloth from the new maids hands causing them to fall to the floor in a crumpled mess "Green is the traditional festive colour! Red is a horrendous Muggle tradition derived from a COKE commercial that has bastardized the Holiday!"

"Y-yes, Madam! I-I'm so s-sorry!" Joyce apologised tearfully as Dora came over, ready to lead the inexperience maid away before she caused even more of a scene with her crying. Jack knew the elderly maid never liked the new girl and would be happy for her to get fired any other time, but with such a big event that night she needed everyone with all hands on deck. Jack bet Dora's dislike for the girl was because she was usually so up herself, constantly complaining about the work she was given and bragging about how she could be working in her Uncles five-star French restaurant instead of scrubbing floors. Jack highly doubted that since she would be there if she could and he bet she was doing menial labour here instead because her parents had cut-off her trust-fund for being such a brat.

It wouldn't surprise him since he'd seen the way she'd looked at him when she'd had to serve him or clean-up after him, like how she thought he should be serving her.

"Worry not, Mistress" Dora assured his mom calmly "I will get this all sorted out and have everything perfect before your guests arrive" she stated sternly, barely looking at the weeping teen before ushering her away.

"Thank you, Dora" Lucy sighed "You're a lifesaver"

"Of course, Mistress" Dora nodded blankly, scooping-up the offensive red fabric before curtseying and following the fleeing Joyce out of the ballroom just as Walter appeared next to the blond with a martini at the ready. Jack often wondered how the elder members of their staff always knew exactly what to say or do to placate his mother's temper, maybe it was another type of magic he hadn't heard of that was only passed-down between servants?