Epilogue

"Hurry up or will miss the fireworks!" Malia dragged Davis and Kristin. "Come on, come on."

Davis chuckle. "Relax will you? We are super early."

"Even better," Malia smiled. "We'll get a good spot."

It was New Year's Eve and they were at the plaza. Malia wanted to see the fireworks. She's enjoying every minute of it.

Since she'll be moving. She wants to enjoy every month. And every second of it.

"Here we are," Malia smiled. "Good view."

They sat down on some benches near a tree. The others joined them. "We lost you three in the crowd," Riko said.

"Whoops," Malia smiled. "My bad."

They sat there and bought some snacks. Waiting for the fireworks. It wasn't long before they began. Malia seems to be enjoying them more.

Davis held Kristin close as they watched the show.

-

Julia stared at the colorful lights up in the sky. They were all beautiful. They stopped for a moment and count down to the new year.

When it hit zero. The sky was lit up by various lights. People were hugging and kissing.

Riko didn't do the unthinkable and kissed Acey on the mouth. Acey pushed him away and tugged his ear. "Ow, everyone was doing it. Your lips looked lonely."

Acey just dragged him away. Who knows to where. But no one follows.

Julia sighed, a new year has started. And new challenges. Challenges she's willing to face. She can't wait.

-

The next five months were nothing but challenges. Aura had taken custody of Aaric kids. Aaric wasn't so happy about it. He had tried to get his kids back but failed. The judge orders him to clean up his act. If he accomplished the goals the judge had placed on him. He'll be able to get his kids back. But so far he has failed miserably. And now Aura has left her work and opened up her own company.

Acey was working as a mechanic. He had a small accident. One that got him in jail. In an attempt to defend a woman who was being beaten by her husband. He caused serious injuries to the abuser. But he only was in jail for two months. The man on the other got life in prison when he tried to kill his wife again. Still, when Acey came out he got a job and an apartment.

Malia had left three days after they got out of school. They had said their goodbyes. Which was more difficult than they assume. The only person that didn't show up was Leon. His been doing badly. Getting into trouble. He spends most of his days away from home. And there's nothing no one can do.

Davis and Kristin were doing well. They spend their days at the library or helping out Aura with the kids. Since Rosie was busy helping out Aura.

"Riko, stop it," Davis glared. "Don't give them candy."

"Argh, he no fun," Riko said. The kids giggle. "Let's play a board game."

Davis shook his head. "He is very childish. He won't change."

"No, he won't," Kristin smiled. "And it's best he doesn't change. He's fine like that."

"True," Davis sighs. "I wish my brother would be like him."

Kristin held his hand. "Leon will change. We just have to be patient. He can't act like this for the rest of his life. He bound to change at some point."

"I know, but I'm scared that my father will take advantage of the situation and want to get custody," Davis said. "Mom won the first time. But the judge will think my mother isn't keeping Leon under control and that could screw things up."