16. Art

Davis was excited for tonight. It was Friday, and in a few hours, he'll be able to show his masterpiece to his friends and family.

It's a good thing Jina didn't ruin it like she said she would. But Julia stopped her. And Jina hasn't come to school since. She moved schools, in another state. Davis wonders if the scare was so bad.

"Hey," his mother walked in and fixed his shirt. "You look handsome as always."

"Thanks, Mom," Davis smiled. But his smile dropped when her mother didn't look too excited. "What's wrong?"

She didn't seem to want to tell him. But they agreed there were no secrets. "Your father called, he wants to see you both. His in town. And I told him he can see you and your brother at the art gallery."

"Oh," Davis sigh. It feels like his night will be ruined. "Is he bringing his wife?"

"Yes," his mother smiled. "Don't let that bring you down. This is your night." He nodded.

He didn't like his father. He was cruel. When his parents got divorced. All my mother got was money and the car, father kept the house for his new wife. Which annoyed Davis. His father had left them homeless. But now, they have a new home. One that's very special. And his father won't take it.

"Now then let's get going," Amari said.

Davis nodded. They went downstairs where they found, the one and only, worse father in the world. With his new wife.

"What are you doing here?" Amari glared. "How did you find this house? And how did you get in?"

"Sorry, was I not supposed to let them in?" Acey came out of the kitchen. "They knocked and I let them in."

"No, it's fine," Amari said. "How did you get this address?"

"I asked your lawyer," he said.

"Hong you had no right," Amari said. "I should call the police for trespassing. But I won't, because this is a special moment for our son. And I won't let you ruin it. Now out. We leaving. And next time call. Let's go, Acey, where's Malia and Leon?"

"They already left with Malia's dad," Acey said.

"Okay let's go," Amari grabbed her keys and purse.

"I see you found someone," Hong said. Amari didn't act on it.

Acey laughs. "Wow, you're a prick. What? Jealous that she could be with someone like me? Someone rich?"

Davis and Amari dragged him to the car after locking the house door. Tonight is going to be, tense.

Acey drove because Amari was too upset to drive.

"Don't let it affect you," Acey said. "That man has no right to be jealous of you, he made his decision. Plus his new wife looks like she had one too many surgery on that nose. It's going to fall off one day."

"I know, but he gets on my nerves," Amari smiled. "Now I'm worried, Leom hates his father. The last time they saw each other, they got into an argument that ended with Leon punching a hole in the wall."

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on him," Acey said. "Malia and I will keep him, near the refreshments section."

"Thank you," Amari smiled.

-

Davis was worried about Leon, he didn't like their father at all just the sight of that man triggers him. Leon had taken their family photos and scratched out their father. He hated him for what he did to their mother.

"Want me to scare him so he won't come back," Julia pops out of nowhere. "Sorry, I was chatting with another ghost."

Davis nodded. "Don't do anything." He whispers.