Meeting a Distraction

“Charlie!” a gruff sounding man called. Charlie whirled on the spot, careful not to apparate as he did so. 

“Hey Horace! Look, I really need to get home as soon as possible, so can we just move these dragons and get home?” 

“Yeah, but why do you need to get home so quick? I thought you were glad to get away from your family?”

Charlie didn’t answer. He knew the real reason that he needed to get back was because he didn’t want to be accused of “Pulling a Percy”. He turned and nodded toward one of the dragons. 

“This one’s been here for a while, are we sure we want to move her?” he asked. 

“Change the subject. Sloppy tactic,” Horace said. “Yeah, they said that it would help if there was an experienced dragon living at the facility. All of the dragons in these padlocks are going.” 

Charlie nodded and walked toward the dragons. He was happy to be back with the creatures that understood him the most. Even Bill lately had been treating as though he were just another brother, not his best friend. 

“I guess that people change when they get married. He feels a lot more responsible now that he is married and has kids.” Once again, Charlie was left wondering if he would ever be that happy. 

“Excuse me, sir,” A voice came from behind him. 

“Yeah, I’ll be with you in a minute.” Charlie looked over the dragons once more and turned around. 

“Sir, I, oh...” She stuttered. She was beautiful. Her wavy blond hair was pulled into a plait. Her deep blue eyes found his, She smiled a weak smile. 

“Hi...” She started. 

“Um... Hi. Charlie Weasley. Can I help you with anything?” Charlie knew it wasn’t polite to stare, so he looked at his feet. 

“Yes, actually, I was sent to find you. My name’s Rachelle. Rachelle Blanchard. Hi. Um... I’m a healer sent to keep the workers in good condition. I was told that you are one of the ones in charge.” Charlie just looked into her eyes. Deep pools of the richest blue... No! He had to get out of this state. 

“So, are you, or are you not, one of the ones in charge?” She asked, almost impatiently. 

“Yeah, I am. What do you need? We have to get going, because I intend to be home before next month. Walk and talk with me.” 

“All right.” She followed suit, and fell into step beside him. “I need to know your exact plan. I need to know where you are at all times, and I need to know what I can do to help the most.” 

“Well, you will be needed near the dragons, I mean the handlers, at all times. I won’t let you too close, but I need you there to keep them from having major burns, stuff like that. Have you got that?” 

“Yes. Are we leaving now?” 

“Yeah, we’ll leave as soon as I get the dragons into the right padlocks.”

She walked over to a tree. She picked up what looked like a school bag, and slung it over her shoulder. “Let’s go.” She said. Charlie looked into her eyes. They looked like the sear right after a storm: the richest, deepest blue, bluer than Ron’s eyes, if that was even possible. 

“What is going on with me? I haven’t been attracted to someone since Hogwarts, and that was definitely not like this!I need to focus on the dragons, not this gorgeous, brilliant... No! I can’t think like this!” Charlie pulled himself out of his daydream. He needed to focus on getting the dragons there safely. 

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: So, I know it was short, but I hope you can start to guess where this is going! Please stay with Charlie and I, our story is just starting!