Chapter Six

*Emily's POV*

The lock on the front door clicked shut.

They were locked in.

All night.

With me.

Well, and Jimmie, but he doesn't do much.

I basically hid in the shadows while they started walking down with black boxes, cameras, held in front of their faces. In complete darkness.

I should trip someone...

"Emily? Are you there?" Someone called from the bathroom doorway. I'm standing in the shower, looking into the hallway.

"Like I can leave." I said sarcastically. The guy in the doorway stepped into the bathroom and pulled something odd out of his pocket.

"Emily, this is the Ovulus II, (A/N how the hell do you spell that? You should know what I'm talking about) and it has a phonetic generator in it, so you can use your energy to make it talk for you." The guy, who I identified as Zak, said. I was intrigued. I stepped closer to him and looked at the thing he was holding. As soon as I looked at it, I focused my energy on it. In my head, I could see words and letters; I formed a word, and repeated it out loud.

"Nine." The object said, mirroring what just came out of my mouth. I gasped, and covered my mouth with my hand. This is so cool!

"Nick, it said nine." Zak said, looking out to the hallway. "What does that mean, Emily?"

"Wound." The object said. Now, it's really easy to control the object.

"Wasn't she stabbed nine times?" Nick asked.

"Yes." I said, having the object say it as well. I smiled. It's so easy to talk through this. Nick and Zak looked at each other with pure shock and amazement on their faces.

"Ask something, Nick." Zack commanded.

There was a pause while Nick thought of a question to ask me.

"Why are you so angry?" He asked.

Well, shit. How do I answer that with one word? I'm angry mostly because my damn fiancé stabbed me! I was too young to die. Young! That's what I'll say. They're smart enough to piece that together, right?

"Young." The object said. The guys looked at each other and I looked between them.

"Young as in 'you died young'?" Zak asked.

"Correct."

"Dude, this is so cool." Nick said. "Should I tell Aaron to get the thermal?"

"No, he's still over on Jimmie's side of the house with it. Give him fifteen more minutes." Zak answered.

"Emily, how did you meet Jimmie?" Zak said after a few moments of silence.

I met Jimmie while he was healing from a gunshot wound in England during the war. Maybe they can piece together the story with the word war? Or maybe I can say a few words... can I do that?

"Gunshot." The object said, followed by "War." Which I then continued with "Nurse."

Nick and Zak looked at each other for a few minutes before they started rambling.

"Wasn't Emily a nurse in World War Two?" Nick asked. Zak nodded and said yes.

"Were you treating Jimmie's gunshot wound as a nurse?"

"Yes." The object spoke for me.

"Where was Jimmie shot?" Zak asked.

I tried to remember. Was it his leg or his stomach? Well, I had to change the dressings on the wound and it was always awkward for the both of us, which means it was his leg.

"Leg."

"Why do you hate pregnant ladies?" Nick asked. I froze. Well, as much as I could as a dead person.

"Jealousy." I said. After that, I retreated back to my shower and sat down. I don't feel like talking anymore. That question took all the fun out of the cool object. Besides, I need to get my energy levels back to normal, because it's almost 9:27. I need to be on the windowsill in seven minutes.

"How old were you when you died?" Nick asked. I didn't even give them a sarcastic answer. They were only answered by the silence.

"Emily are you there?"

I stayed silent for the next six minutes before I got up and glided to my windowsill.

*~~*~~*~~* Oh my goodness, darlings, I'm so sorry. I havent been motivated to write at all. I'm not giving up on this story. I just need more Ghost Adventures episodes to get me motivated. I'm soo soo sorry. Thank you for putting up with me. I respect you all -Alli *~~*~~*~~*