Chapter 2

I jolted awake in an unfamiliar place. My eyes scanned the small space that was decked head to toe in white. Panic filled me once again when I saw the handcuffs bounding my hands together. One thought lead to another, and I was freaking out once again over what I had done. My breaths became shorter and quicker, I was having a panic attack.
"Hey. Is everything alright?"
It was the same police officer that chased me down. I sniffled
"yeah. Where are we?"
"We're about to throw you into juvy!"
I was shocked by his enthusiasm.
"What! No. Please. I can't just l-leave. What about school? And my parents."
My voice was filled with nerves.
"You have nothing to worry about. Your parents have been informed about everything. Speaking of your parents they are just outside this room. I'll be back" He says before closing the door behind him, leaving me with nothing but my thoughts.

"Samantha?" I could recognise that voice from anywhere. "Mum!" I turned around to see my mother and father rushing towards me. They embraced me in a bone crushing hug. Tears started to fill my eyes. "I-I killed a m-man" I started sobbing uncontrollably. "I know. You were only trying to protect yourself" my dad says.
"H-how longs am I staying here?"
My parents look at each other which suddenly fills me with concern. "They have sentenced you to two years"
"Two years! That's impossible. I won't be able to cope. Who knows what the other kids are like!" The door slams open and a guard walks in. "Alright times up. Hope you've said your goodbyes." I quickly give one last hug before I am grabbed by the collar and dragged to the place where I will spend the next 2 years of my life.

I'm led into yet another small room and pushed inside "get changed!" The guard yells before slamming the door shut. I see a navy blue jumpsuit hanging from the wall and pick it up. It feels very heavy and durable. I strip off my denim shorts and grey t shirt, leaving me in my underwear. I grasp the jumpsuit in my hands once again and put it on my body.

I look at my reflection in the small dirty mirror. My dark blond wavy hair hanging over my shoulders, and my dark blue eyes that are brought out even more by the navy jumpsuit. I knew I wasn't going to fit in here looking at my slim average heighted build. I looked at my clothes piled up on the floor. It made me realise that I was going to have to get used this new environment.

I stepped out of the room and the guard leaded me to another door. "Here it is" I took in a deep breath before he opened the door.