The Luke & Leia Moment Part 2

After liberally applying cold water and club soda, the stains on Jeff and Katie's clothes were reduced to the point of being barely noticeable. What was clearly noticeable was the extremely weird vibe they felt when they walk into the banquet room and see that all conversation comes to a sudden halt. They can feel every pair of eyes on them as they make their way back to their table.

"What is going on?" Katie whispers to Jeff.

"Didn't I tell you! They see a beautiful young woman with a 40-year-old guy and they have to judge."

"Really? You think so?"

"Trust me. The age difference - that's exactly what it is. They wanna judge us? Let's give them what they want." As they reach the table, Jeff sits down on the chair and pulls Katie down so she's sitting on his lap. He pulls her in close to him and gives her the deepest, most passionate kiss imaginable. Involuntarily people around them start gasping and wincing. Jeff separates from the kiss just long enough to respond to the crowd. "That's right. That's how I roll."

*********************

Niko comes into the room with a new spring in his step. He practically bounces all the way up to where Ashley is sitting at the head table. "I just popped by to tell you I'm going to win that bet."

"How? Did you just finish reading Winning Bets the Roman Polanski Way?"

"The bet was a member of the bridal party. There's one member of the bridal party who's an adult." Niko looks down the table at Hilary who is laughing and waving at one of the guests.

Ashley gives him a dismissive wave of her hand. "Oh please! You don't have a snowball's chance in hell."

"I'm gonna pull off the bride heist," Niko says defiantly.

"The bride heist!?! It can't be done."

"You better hope not."

"Who do you think you are? Some kind of dashing late 60's Sean Connery who can seduce any woman he sets his eyes on?"

Niko smiles as he waves to Hilary. "Well if I am, then you know what that makes her."

"Miss Moneypenny?"

Niko puts on his best Sean Connery impression "Pussy Galore."

*********************

Jeff arrives at the table with fresh drinks. He gives one to Katie who gives him an appreciative kiss when he sits down. "You take such good care of me."

Louie sees an opening he cannot resist "Hey, who's your daddy, right?" Katie laughs. "No seriously, who is your daddy?" Louie says in a more serious tone.

Maddie jumps in to try to ease the awkwardness. "We'd love to hear about your parents."

"Well, I never knew my father. My Mom got pregnant right out of high school and she moved away and raised me all by herself. She said she'd tell me about my father anytime I wanted to know but I figured if he didn't care enough to stay, I don't care enough to learn anything about him. Besides, I've never had a pressing reason to find out who he is."

"I can think of one," Louie blurts out almost involuntarily.

*********************

At a quiet moment in the reception, Hilary, is catching a breath of fresh air by herself on the balcony.

"You're not looking for an escape route are you?"

Hilary turns around and beams when she sees Niko approach.