Chapter Three: Code Hunters

It had been a month since Kai turned Garmadon into a code. Things were pretty normal. Garmadon was constantly asking Kai questions about code. Kai answered the questions, though he was honestly quite annoyed by now.

"Some dude is attacking people at random at the bank!" Misako calls & the Ninja go.

Wu, Misako, and Garmadon join in, the guy is that dangerous.

When the team arrives, Kai freezes at the sight of the guy in a high tech suit. He grabs Garmadon's collar. "What is it?!" Garmadon asks. "He's a code hunter." Kai says in answer. "A what now?" Jay asks. Garmadon gulps, remembering what Kai told him of the code hunters. "Someone neither me or Garmadon should get close to." Is Kai's answer.

"I don't get it." Cole says. When the guy spots Kai & Garmadon, he runs over. Kai screams in fright and runs, dragging Garmadon with him. The guy ignores everyone, going after the codes.

"What the hell?!" Jay says in surprise. Garmadon makes it to the safety of the ship, but Kai is caught. The guy smashes Kai's panel and tears Kai's code out of the brain-x. Nya screams. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!" Jay & Cole shout.

Lloyd energy blasts the guy

Lloyd energy blasts the guy. The man drops Kai's code, Kai's true from. Zane then traps the guy in ice. Garmadon runs to Kai. "K2K3!" Garmadon shouts in worry. He cradles Kai's code in his hands.

The others come over. "Lock the hunter in a cell on the ship & put Kai's body on his bed face down." Garmadon commands. They do as told.

Garmadon hands Kai over to Lloyd since Nya was shaking. "Hold this and don't drop it." Garmadon explains before calling someone. "What's going on?" Jay asks as they all gather in Kai's room.

"That thing I gave Lloyd to hold is Kai... Er... K2K3 is his real name. He is a code. Living computer code is the simplest term I could put it in." Garmadon  tries to explain. "He explains it better then me!" Garmadon admits. I just called some friends of his that can help repair his vessel." He explains further.

The others are still confused. Garmadon sighs. He honestly didn't know how to explain this.

An hour later and a knock sounds. Garmadon smiles at the others confused faces. "FOLLOW MY SIGNAL!" Garmadon shouts. The next thing they know Hack & Neon are barging into the room.

Hack sets down a repair box & a brain-x box. Neon checks the damage & cringes. It didn't look pretty. She removes his original brain-x & the corosponding eyes since they wouldn't work with any other brain-x.

Hack installs the new eyes as Neon fixes the compartment. Lloyd looks at Kai's code with tears in his eyes. Garmadon puts a hand on his son's shoulder. "It will be OK. Hack & Neon are professionals." He says.

When Neon finishes, she installs the brain-x. She motions for Lloyd to come over. Lloyd walks forward and tries to hand Kai over, but Kai won't let go of him. Neon scratches her head. "Well... This is new." She says. Hack comes over. "Definitely." He says. Neon rolls her eyes and pushes Hack away from right next to her.

"Hold your hands out to the brain-x. Maybe he'll go in?" Hack suggests. Lloyd nods and does as asked. Kai goes in and Neon closes the compartment.

After ten minutes, Kai wakes up.

In the new outfit Garmadon put him in to help protect his electrical signals, Kai stands up

In the new outfit Garmadon put him in to help protect his electrical signals, Kai stands up. He looks to the others and they gasp at his eyes.

Kai sighs. It was bound to happen eventually. "Thank you Neon, Hack. I owe you guys." He says with a smile. Neon nods. "Hell yeah! I have a job in the Codexa you know!" She shouts. Hack shakes his head. "You don't me anything. I'm just happy to help my friend." He says with a scolding look in Neon's direction. She merely huffs.

Kai rolls his eyes at them. "Will you ever grow up? You act like beta programs!" He says with a laugh. Hack & Neon gasp. "We do not!" They say in unison. Kai & Garmadon laugh at this.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON GOD DAMN IT!" Jay shouts at the top of his lungs. Everyone's eyes go wide. "Imma go home now!" Hack says and scurries out with Neon. Kai glares at them. "I should a known..." He mutters then turns to the others.

"Thousands of years ago, some people who were way to advanced for their time made their own hidden home, the Codexa. They made actual androids with A.I. and everything. Eventually, they made codes. A type of living computer code independent of any machine. These codes, however, needed to make robotic exteriors to move about & communicate with the humans. So that's what the androids were used for. One day, a man decided to take a still born baby and replace the brain and eyes with a brain-x system, the system that codes use to control their bodies, and thus, the first true human and technology fusion was born. That was the way codes lived from there on out. I am one of these codes." Kai explains. He looks to Nya. "Your father programmed my code. He also fathered this body. The real Kai Smith was a still born. I am the code: K2K3. I have only ever known life in this body." He explains further. "So... My dad..." She starts. "Yes, he is originally from that society." Kai answers her unvoiced question.

She nods. "I managed to copy Garmadon's electrical signals & brain waves into a code and clone his old body with the help of my friend, Neon, the girl that was here. So now he's a code to." Kai adds in. "Yup! No soul to curse here! Just a living computer code!" Garmadon says.

The others look dumfounded.

"I feel like I'm in a science fiction movie." Jay says, the others nod.

-&-

What do you think of...

Kai/K2K3?

Neon/N5E67O8N11?

Hack/H12A23C19K97?

Garmadon?

Lloyd?

Jay?

Cole?

Nya?

The story thus far?