Chapter Seven

Cindi's Love Spell

So over the past week Jenkins and Flynn have helped me in some defensive charms. And to be honest, I'm a fast learner so I'm actually really good.

The Clippings Book sent us to investigate this cult thing that was happening around this girl Cindi.

"We really need to find wider doors." Ezekiel says as we all tumble through the door.

"Why would the Clippings Book send us to investigate a cult?" Cassandra asks.

"I'm guessing magical cult," I answer and we start walking down the path.

"There's no ley lines near by." Cassandra says then sighs. "But there does seem to be trace levels of magic everywhere."

"The Clippings Book said that some world-renowned chef gifted his mansion to someone cult leader only known as "Cyndi."" Jacob says. "This doesn't sound like our kind of investigation."

"Not necessarily." Flynn says. "Followers going to a mansion but they don't come out. That could be paranormal activity."

"What do we know about this Cyndi?" I ask.

"Not much. I read about her in the "National Inquisitor" online. It's really mysterious." Ezekiel says. "She only goes by her first name, there are no known photos of her and all kinds of people follow her, young, old, celebrities."

"You read "The Inquisitor"?" I ask him.

"Every day," he says nonchalantly.

"Library has the complete collection of lost classics of all human civilization." Flynn starts. "Panoply of literature and you read the "Inquisitor.""

"What's a panoply?" Ezekiel asks.

I hit his arm and we walk up to the gate where a guard stops us.

"I'm afraid that you don't understand." Flynn says. "You see, we're the Librarians."

"Why didn't you say so?" The guard says then hands him a flower. "Come on in."

Flynn passes the flower to Jacob, Jacob passes the flower to Cassandra, Cassandra passes the flower to Ezekiel then Ezekiel puts the flower in my hair.

"For you," he says smiling.

"Thank you," I say sarcastically but keep the flower tucked behind my ear as we enter the grounds.

As we walk through the people they all hit us with sunflowers and I swat them away. They start asking for us to take pictures of them and I just move close to Ezekiel, these people were actually kinda freaky.

Then the one lady in blue and covered in sunflowers starts to explain how Cindi allows a few people inside to be part of her house guests then work with her in staff.

A huge gong goes off and back up a little bit startled. Everyone runs to the door and we watch as a lady steps out, except she was not who we expected.

"Quiet. Jeez." She shouts and we are all taken aback. "I was sleeping, for criminy sake. And now I got a headache, thank you. Um, make room. I'll walk around and pick. You."

She starts choosing people and I notice something. It's like all around her was this pink aura, it was oozing out of her and spreading across everyone. It was some sort of spell.

"Protegar," I whisper. It was a small protection spell. Sadly I could only put it on me. So whatever this Cindi was doing, it wouldn't affect me.

"Okay, so if the Clippings Book sent us, that means we have to find an artifact." Eve says. "Chances are it's inside that mansion. One of us has to figure out how to get in there."