Arrival Alex

The next day seemed to come fast, which made me anxious. During the show last night, I could feel everyone's eyes sinking into me as I played. I tries to keep my eyes low, and just say focus but it was hard.

I smelled the familiar smell, it came every morning, of coffee brewing. I rubbed my eyes and see Ray still passed out on the other top bunk .

Jumping down, I hear Mikey and Gerard's voices in the kitchen. Leaning against the wall to ease drop, I listen closely.

"Do you think he'll be okayi? Y'know with a kid?" Mikey asks, getting out the coffee cups as Gerard stayed leaned against the counter, arms crossed.

Gerard shrugs, "I dunno, he's a kid at heart himself." Mikey agrees, and hands him a cup. "But it just upsets me he didn't tell me."

"Yeah, but I'm sure he had reasons. The past is the past." Is Mikey backing me up?

Gerard sighs, pouring the coffee into his cup, pushing a piece of his hair out of his face. "Mhm, but it sure would be nice to know." He sits it down for Mikey. "I'll help him though, not like I could stay mad at him forever."

I've had enough. I walk in, pretending to just have woken up. Mikey quickly turns away to pour him a cup, as Gerard just stares, sipping his coffee slowly.

"Good morning." I softly say. They both just nod, and carry on. "Y'know, you guys don't have to be such dicks." Gerard glares, but manages to keep his anger down.

"Fuck off, Frank. Your suppose to be a best friend, and tell me everything." He sasses as Mikey silently stands aside. I bite lip my bottom lip, holding down some words.

I wanna make things right with Gerard, not piss him off even more. "I know, and I'm sorry." He stares me down again, but manages to nod.

"Yeah." Was all he said, taking it were not having this conversation any longer. The bus stops, and soon enough we were in Arizona. Before long after we were all dressed, the door was knocked on.

Ray opens it up to Brian and a young girl with thick black hair, pink ends. "Hi." Ray says, stepping aside for them to come in. Gerard sits up, glancing back at me and whispering, "That must be your daughter."

They walk in and the girl sits her suitcases down, death glaring everyone around, even me. Taking a better look a her, she did look like me.

Same eyes, same hair, same nose, but has her mother's lips. It wasn't hard to deny her. The girl keeps her lips closed, but uncrossed her arms to show her Misfits shirt. Yep, my child.

"Guys, this is Alex." Brian turns to me. "Frank, this is your daughter. Alex that's your dad." He steps away, leaving me and her to stare each other down like we were different creatures to one another.

"Hello." I managed to spit out. She bites her lip, and puffs out her septum piercing. "Your my daughter?"

She nods, "Apparently. Your my dad?"

"Apparently." I repeat. We smirk at each other, and I see were even the same height. Gerard watches amused.

"Uh, well I'm Gerard." He butts in on purpose. Alex turns to him, still having my smirk.

"Oh, I know." She whips back around to her suitcases, and takes out her CDs. There was all of the MCR albums released, Misfits, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and even Green Day. I smile, feeling proud even if I haven't raised her.

Gerard chuckles, picking up one of ours. "So you a fan of the band, I see?" He asks her, which he got a nod in return.

"Yeah, I know my way around your band." Alex says, lightly smiling at me. I return the smile, and manage not to look so curious. But I was curious. Curious to know more about her.

What's her hobbies? Sports? School grades? Does she drive? Any friends? So I choose my first question, "How have you've been?"

Alex sits beside me, as Gerard and Brian exit to room on purpose to give us time. We stare at each other as replies, "Well, my mother just got put in jail and I fount out I have a father after all."

"After all?" I question.

She nods, "Yeah, mom told me you died in some car wreak when I was a baby." Oh, that's nice. Great parenting.

"That's screwed up.." Alex nods, agreeing. "Well, I'm alive. I didn't ever know about you so I didn't search, and I'm sorry."

"It's okay, fran-" She pauses. "Dad?"

I nod, "Call me what you want." She smiles.

"Okay, dad."

---