Can't Deny She's Mine

__

"She seems nice.." Ray offers with his smile, pushing strands of his fro back out of his face. I nod at him, and flicker my eyes.

Mikey presses his lips together, "It's hard to deny her, Frankie. She's got your goofy-smartass attitude." That makes me grin.

"Yeah, I just don't know what to say to the kid." I start with my problem. "Like, do I be protective and ask if she has a boyfriend? Or ask her if she likes turtles?"

Gerard raises an eyebrow, propping his knee up. "A turtle? Really?"

I shrug in defense, whenever she comes out of the bathroom. All of our eyes glue to her. "Take a fucking picture, it lasts longer." Alex mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"Frankie! You're daughter just cussed." Gerard hits me in the arm, but all I could do was just giggle at it all. She was definitely a mini me, but like in a girl version.

Alex plops down beside me, "So what's the plans for today?" She stares at all of us.

"Well, we have a concert to preform tonight, but don't have to be there till 5, so we're free for about 4 hours." I explained. "It's up to you."

She raises an eyebrow, and taps her chin. "Starbucks, record shopping, and Hot Topic." I grin, and agreed.

"Can I come?" Gerard whines, causing Alex to chuckle softly.

"Why even ask, you'd come if I told you no anyways."

Gerard sticks his tongue out at me, "I know."

~

We ordered our coffees, and headed toward a downtown record shop here in Arizona. I threw my sunglasses on, and watched as Gerard and Alex carried on a conversation about superheros.

"I'm just saying," She shrugs, sipping on her pumpkin spice latte. "The Flash is my favorite, hands down."

Gerard crinkles his nose, "Ew no, Batman for the win."

"Flash."

"Batman."

"No.. Flash."

"Um, excuse me? Batman!"

"Fla-"

"WE'RE HERE." I say, causing then to stop arguing and hurry inside. My eyes roll, as I followed them along.

Alex quickly ran to the back of the store, and started rummaging through a stack of old records. I sipped my carmel iced latte, and watched as Gerard picked up a Nirvana vinyl.

"Already fount 2 I want." Alex mumbles, as I glanced over to see Cowboys From Hell by Pantara, and Dookie by Green Day

"Kid, you have an incredible music taste." I say, grinning at her. Alex just blushes slightly, murmuring a thanks, and we headed off to check out.

~

"20 minutes!" A random worker from backstage yells. I turned back to the mirror, taking one good last look at myself before Gerard busts through the door.

We both matched with our Black Parade jackets, but Gerard had white hair. "Mikey just broke one of his bass strings, so they are trying to hurry and fix that."

I nodded, "Where is Al-"

My question was answered as she walks in behind Gerard. "Hola losers," She glances at us both. "I was wondering if I could, um, well.."

"You wanna watch the show from the crowd, don't you?" Gerard crosses his arms, sighing like everyone asks this.

Alex shakes her head quickly, and they both look at me. I still wasn't used to this whole parenting thing. "I don't see why not."

"YES!" She cheers, pumping her fists in the air.

I chuckle, "But please, please, please be careful. I would like to have you back in one piece, okay?" Alex nods in return, and hurries out the door.

"3 minutes!" The same worker yells. Gerard and I exchange a look of ' let's do this', and went off towards our show.