Chapter Five

Mckayla's P.O.V
When I had gotten to school yesterday and found out Harper and Tyler like each other I was so happy. All night we were texting and planning what Tyler could do to get Harper to go with him to the dance. We came up with some pretty good ideas, but the one I thought of while getting ready was probably the best idea ever. When I got to school I pitched my idea to the others. "Tyler should make a grand gesture," I said. "He should come up with a big, romantic, not to over the top way of asking her. It has to involve a single rose and Reese's Peanut butter cups." Everyone agreed to the idea, of course we had to explain the rose and chocolate thing to Adam. "Keep in mind that this is all theoretical, we don't even know if Tyler will agree to asking her yet," Stella pointed out. "Don't worry," Adam said, "I'll be able to convince him."

Adams P.O.V
At lunch Hazel, Stella, Mckayla and I put our plan into action. Tyler and I were standing outside with Mckayla and Hazel peering around the corner while Stella distracted Harper. "So, you know how you gave up on trying to ask out Harper," I said trying to make the conversation casual. "Yeah," "well I think you should try again, I even came up with the perfect idea on how you should do it." He kinda just stared off into space for a moment, then he turned to me so he could voice his opinion. "I might consider it, depending on the plan." He said, "well I was thinking, and I'm not sure why we never thought of this before, that you could do a grand gesture." "Like, shooting myself out of a cannon grand or..." "no, something romantic and not to over the top." He considered it for a moment. "I think I'll do it, you never know it might actually work," he said with a bit of a smile. I glanced over and saw that Mckayla was gone (probably to tell Stella the good news) but Hazel was still there smiling at us, and for some reason, it made me happy that she was near.