7 krystal

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆.:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Chanyeol extended his finger, indicating a guy sitting on a nearby bench.

"Could you hand this bag to him?" I requested Chanyeol.

His response was prompt, "Why don't you give it to him yourself? I'll come with you," he offered with a wink. I didn't want to, though.

I nodded, and we began making our way towards the guy. As he turned his face towards us, our presence registering, he greeted us with a soft, "Oh, hey."

I held back, allowing Chanyeol to do the talking. I sensed his gaze on me for a moment, probably expecting me to chime in. "Soojung's here. She's got your bag," Chanyeol informed him.

Taking Kai's bag from me, Chanyeol handed it over to him. "Sorry for the trouble," Kai addressed me with a smile.

I looked at him, a touch of exasperation in my voice, "I really don't want to deal with you anymore. If you ever skip class again due to illness, ask Mrs. Jang to handle your belongings herself." My eyes rolled involuntarily.

Chanyeol and Jongin observed me, clearly taken aback by my display of frustration. I left the rooftop, my thoughts swirling, questioning my actions. What was I thinking just now? He doesn't even recognize you.

"You must be out of your mind, Krystal," I muttered under my breath, questioning my own action.

In a moment, I heard a voice that caught me off guard. "Who is Krystal?" I flinched, halting my steps, and turned around to face the source. "It's you, Chanyeol."

"Did I startle you?" he asked, his hand rubbing the back of his neck in an apologetic manner.

I sighed, "You did surprise me." He apologized, and I nodded, indicating that it was alright.

Offering a smile, I continued walking toward the school entrance, disregarding Chanyeol's inquiry about Krystal earlier.

"Who is—" I interrupted his impending question, "Hey, why are you following me?"

Chanyeol's response was candid, "Well, you acted a bit unusual in front of Kai just now, so I thought you might need someone to be with." His smile was kind.

I do need someone, Chanyeol, and at the same time, I don't. Smiling, I reassured him that everything was fine, explaining that I just wasn't feeling well. As we reached the entrance gate, I informed him that someone would be picking me up shortly, so he doesn't have to worry too much.

Jessica's car came to a stop right in front of me, and she lowered her window. "Krystal, let's head home."

I noticed Chanyeol watching me. He probably caught that slip loud and clear. I made my way to the passenger's side and gave a wave to Chanyeol. "Bye, Chanyeol! Thanks for today!"

With Jessica behind the wheel, we drove off. "Why did you call me Krystal just now?!" I groaned, my confusion clear in my voice.

Jessica glanced at me, puzzled. "Isn't that your name?"

I let out a frustrated sigh, nodding slowly. "Yes, but not at school."

"Did you go by Soojung?" She questioned, seeking clarity.

I shook my head, my tone tinged with resignation. "It's fine, Jessica. I'm just acting strange and irrational."

As Jessica maneuvered through traffic, her puzzled expression remained. I could tell she was grappling with the situation, sensing that something must be amiss.

Upon arriving home, exhaustion enveloped me like a heavy blanket. I headed straight for my room, collapsing onto the bed, though I wasn't quite ready to fall asleep just yet.

Grabbing my phone, I was greeted by a flood of messages from Clarie, Evelyn, along with several missed calls from Haylie and Blake. The pangs of missing them hit hard. One after the other, I opened the messages and gleefully responded, even making a few calls to catch up.

My eyes shifted to the drawer beneath my study desk, where a black Samsung lay. It was as if an invisible pull tugged at me, urging me to pick up the phone. But a surge of apprehension washed over me. I shook my head, closing the drawer firmly. There was nothing of importance left there, I reminded myself.

After a refreshing bath, I swapped my clothes for comfortable pajamas. Settling into the chair before the mirror, I slowly combed through my long hair, my gaze fixed on my reflection. Eventually, I left my room and descended the stairs, heading to the dining room for dinner.

The maid had already set the table with an array of dishes, ready to be savored. The food awaited, yet the absence of Dad and Jessica was noticeable. My curiosity got the best of me, and I turned to my mom. "Where's Jessica?"

She responded promptly, "She went to her friend's cafe. She and Dad will be back soon."

The sound of the door opening pulled my attention as Jessica's voice chimed in, "I smell something delicious."

We sat down for dinner, sharing the meal together. Later, in the living room, we settled in to watch movies. Amidst the movie marathon, my mom inquired about school.

True to form, I kept my response simple, "It was okay." I didn't want to burden her with my worries, though I couldn't help but notice Jessica casting sidelong glances my way. She sensed that something wasn't right, but I chose to ignore it.

+

don't forget to vote and comment <3