1 australia

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

As I meticulously packed my belongings into my luggage bag, decluttering my closet and stacking my books off the desks, Clarie's concerned voice cut through the air. "Are you sure about this, Krystal?" she asked, lending a hand to help me sort through my things.

During my three-year stay in Australia, I had rented a room and shared it with Clarie, along with Evelyn and Haylie. These friends had played an instrumental role in transforming me into the new version of myself, Krystal.

They were my pillars, my companions in a foreign land. Genuine friends who stood by me, guiding me through the adjustments and changes that came with the new lifestyle and surroundings.

My gaze lingered on the pile of books before me, and I paused, lost in thought. As I sank into the chair, my eyes sought Clarie's, conveying my reluctance to leave. They had become an irreplaceable part of my teenage years, shaping my experiences and memories.

I let out a sigh, the weight of impending departure hanging in the air. "No matter what, I have to return. I'll miss everything here, especially you guys. These three years have flown by so quickly. Maybe I'm ready to face my reality back home," I confessed, my words laden with uncertainty.

The truth was, I wasn't entirely convinced about going back. The pain still lingered deep within me, and thoughts of him were entwined with hatred. There was little warmth left. Yet, the longing for my family had been a constant ache.

Clarie's eyes glistened with tears, her emotions raw. If it weren't for the promise I had made to my mother, I might have chosen to stay here longer. I had committed to staying for three years, the longest possible, and that time had now come to an end.

I walked over to Clarie and embraced her, offering a comforting presence. "Don't shed tears now. I'm not leaving this world," I teased, attempting to lighten the mood.

Her teary response came in the form of a playful push on my shoulder. "Save the tears for later," I jested, playfully urging her not to let emotions flow just yet.

To mark these final moments of my stay, we were scheduled to have dinner together tonight. I had never imagined that my departure would lead to such emotions. The idea of making them cry hadn't crossed my mind; I simply wanted our time together to be filled with laughter and joy.

With our packing nearly complete, we took a well-deserved break. Clarie informed me that she had an errand to run and left the house, leaving me to idle away the time.

Restlessness settled in, and I decided to venture out to the mall. I figured I could find some presents for my housemates and family, considering I hadn't yet picked out anything for them. Truthfully, I just needed a reason to indulge in a little spending.

I opted for a white blouse and jeans, aiming for a casual yet put-together look. Snatching Evelyn's car keys since she had ridden with Jackson that day, I headed out and drove to the mall.

I strolled around the mall, attempting to fill the hours. I had already settled on fragrances as gifts for everyone, my creativity waning in the moment.

My stomach grumbled, and I instinctively placed a hand over it. Seeking sustenance, I made my way to a nearby restaurant and placed my order. Settling into a corner seat, I found myself engrossed in my social media feed while waiting.

"May I join you, miss?" a familiar voice broke my concentration, prompting me to lift my gaze. A smile tugged at my lips as I recognized Blake, my fellow classmate, pulling a chair in front of me.

"Hey, Blake. Sure, feel free," I replied, gesturing for him to take a seat.

"What brings you here?" I inquired casually.

Blake's response was laced with his characteristic sarcasm. "The restaurant? I thought maybe I should take a shower here." I rolled my eyes playfully at his witty retort.

He summoned the waitress and placed his order. "How'd you get here, and where are the others?" he inquired, his gaze fixed on me.

"I drove over with Evelyn's car," I replied, shrugging my shoulders in response to his question about our housemates' whereabouts.

As our conversation waned, the waitress arrived with our dishes. My gaze was immediately drawn to the food, and my stomach rumbled louder in response to the delectable sight.

With our plates now empty, I signaled the waitress to bring us the bill. To my surprise, Blake swiftly handed his card to her before I could even react. His generosity caught me off guard, as he was known for being rather frugal. "What's this about?" I inquired, slightly puzzled by his uncommon gesture.

"We can't predict when we'll meet again, can we?" Blake's words carried a hint of melancholy.

I pouted, teasingly acknowledging his unexpected act of kindness. "Well, aren't you a sweetheart," I quipped, a giggle escaping my lips.

The waitress returned Blake's card, and as we exited the restaurant, he turned to me. "Heading home now?"

I shook my head in response. "No, not yet."

"Great," he responded, his voice holding a trace of excitement.

Our aimless wandering through the mall led us into a store brimming with an array of dresses, a place I hadn't initially planned on visiting.

Blake seemed determined, immediately engaging the assistance of the store staff. "What are you buying?" I inquired, watching as he interacted with the staff.

"I need to get a dress for someone," he replied dismissively, his focus on the task at hand.

Curiosity getting the best of me, I pressed further, "For whom? Your girlfriend?"

"How I wish," he muttered under his breath, his words just audible enough for me to catch. Though I sensed his vulnerability, I let it go and wandered around the store as he focused on the task at hand.

One particular black dress held my attention, its elegance drawing me in. I debated whether to add it to my collection, but then thought better of it. I already had a plethora of dresses. With that notion, I shifted my focus to the other options available.

Suddenly, Blake's arm was draped over my shoulder, gently pulling me out of the store. Glancing at the paper bag he carried, curiosity gnawed at me. "What did you buy? Mind if I take a look?"

His response was a subtle shake of the head, his attention quickly diverting to his phone. "I suppose I should head out now."

"Alright then, I'll head back too," I agreed, giving him a nod.

I drove back home, pulling up to the house and stepping inside. "Is anyone home?" I called out, my voice echoing through the entrance as I checked for any signs of my housemates.

"Evelyn's here!" she yelled back from her room, followed by Haylie's lively shout from the living room, "Haylie in the house!"

Making my way to my room, I carefully brought in all the items I had purchased earlier.

Just as I was getting into the rhythm of packing, Evelyn's voice echoed through the house, breaking my concentration. "Krystal!"

Responding with a raised voice, I called back, "Yeah, I'm in my room!"

Evelyn entered my room, a paper bag in her hand. "I found this at the entrance. It had your name on it."

+

btw don't forget to vote & comment<3