A Day At The Beach- Leaked from Beautifully Broken

The day was perfect. The sun shone immaculately in the bluest sky you could ever imagine with cotton candy clouds floating along like they hadn't a care in the world. My toes sunk into the warm sand as Niklause and I walked along the edge of the ocean in a world all of our own.

I smiled up at him, thinking how absolutely perfect he was. His silky black hair blew with the wind as he futilely tried to keep it out of his golden-green eyes. While I looked like an albino twig in the sun, Nik's toned olive completion made him look more like a Greek god. There was no other word to describe him besides "perfect".

"Why're you staring at me?" He asked, the hint of a smile playing on the corner of his lips.

I laughed, feeling myself beginning to blush. "I wasn't staring."

Nik snorted humorously. "Sure you weren't."

Rolling my eyes, I replied. "I was just thinking how happy I am that we finally got to be here. It feels like it's been forever since we've been able to just spend time together."

Nik put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him as we continued walking along the beach. "I'm glad too. I've missed you, Aliss."

"But I haven't gone anywhere." I laughed, pushing my short, black hair out of my eyes.

A sad look crossed his eyes, but it was replaced with a smile almost instantly. "I know."

Stopping, we turned to face the ocean. It was so beautiful, so free-free to go wherever it wanted, whenever it pleased. Not confined by any walls or borders, but truly free. The sun shone off the water as the waves came crashing down.

I wrapped my arms around Nik's waist as he pulled me even closer to his side than before. We just stood there, neither of us saying a word in fear of breaking the magic of the moment. I would have been content to stay there forever with Niklause by my side.

Feeling him looking down at me, I tilted my head up toward him. His gorgeous eyes stared down at me looking rather serious.

"What is it?" I asked pulling away slightly, worried about what might have been on his mind.

"I need you to know something." He said, his brow furrowing as if he were thinking very intently on something.

"Okay?" I replied, not sure if I wanted to hear.

Taking his arm from around me, he took both of my hands in his. "Aliss, I love you. I always have, and I always will."

My face turned red, and I was utterly speechless. I just stood there staring with my mouth hanging open like a fish until Nik starting fidgeting.

"Aliss," Nik laughed nervously. "This is kind of where you're supposed to say something?"

My mouth snapped shut as I pulled out of my idiotic trance. "I love you too, Nik."

He smiled at me, laughing lightly. "You kind of had me worried there for a second."

I found myself laughing as well; my cheeks feeling like someone had lit them on fire. "Well, I wasn't exactly expecting that."

"Really?" He asked, his cheeks looking rather rosy as well. "I figured you would have been waiting for me to say it."

I shrugged. "Just because I was waiting for it doesn't mean I expected it to actually happen."

Nik wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. "Aliss, I've loved you since the day I met you. I know it's crazy, but so is everything else that we've been through. I know how uncertain life can be, but of one thing I am certain; and that is that I am absolutely, irrevocably, and completely unexplainably in love with you."

Even if I knew what to say, I wouldn't have been able to get out a single word due to the smile that was covering my face.

His hands encased my face gently as he brought his to mine. I thought I would faint from the anticipation of his lips being pressed against mine. My eyes closed slowly as I prepared for the moment, and...

I woke up.

It was just a dream. Turning over in my empty bed, I sighed as I threw my arm over my face. Tears filled my eyes, knowing that my dream would never become reality.