drunk calls

Suggested songs :
You - The 1975
----------------------------------------------

I breathed a sigh of relief as I finally dropped all 5 of my extremely heavy bags on the floor by my apartment door.
"I'm home." I yelled as I closed the door with my hip, my hands full with a cardboard coffee cup holder, and my phone and keys in the other.
"Hey. How was work?" My roommate, Mark, shouted back from the kitchen.
"Work was work. I'm just happy it's Friday." I said and sat down next to him in the kitchen and handed him one of the coffee cups.
Mark and I have been good friends for a long time. We met in Cincinnati University and we instantly clicked. Since then we moved into an apartment together in LA.

"You have any plans tonight?" He asks, my response being a sarcastic laugh.
"You must be crazy! As if I'm going to give up my one night of being able to do nothing to go out in some loud club with shitty music surrounded by drunk teenagers and creepy guys." I laugh and he smiles.
"I forgot. You're not the partying type." He laughs, "Ethan and I are probably gonna go out for a while. Jack and Felix might come along also."
"No filming?" I ask.
"Nah, not tonight. I've already uploaded today and filmed one video for tomorrow so I should be okay to have a little break." He smiles.
"That's cool. I'll be here, watching Netflix, probably still in the exact same position as I am when you leave." I giggle and take my coffee over to the couch and kick off my shoes.

*time skip*

It gets to 1am and, not surprisingly, I hadn't even moved since Mark left at 9pm. I probably should have been productive and got some of my paperwork done for Monday but that can wait.
I let myself binge-watch season 2 of a show I was watching and then I decided I should probably get up and go to bed. I turned the tv off and got myself some coffee before making my way to my bedroom and sitting on my laptop for another hour or so.

I was about 10 minutes into another show that I found myself watching when my phone started ringing - it was Mark. I guessed he was calling to ask for a ride back so I answered.

"Hey Mark. You good?"
"YeAhh I'm great. Listen I gotta... I have... really something important to say. I need to tell you something that I've been wanting to tell you for a long time..." he replies. I can hear loud music in the background and I could hear in his voice that he had been drinking a little too much.
"Mark, you're drunk as hell." I laugh.
"No, no, I'm fine. I feel better than ever. Let me talk to you now please thank you."
I can't help but laugh, but I let him speak nonetheless.
"Okay. Go ahead."
"I l-love you. I think you are very extremely beautiful and I want to marry you forever and ever please."
I laugh out loud at this and shake my head.
"Mark, you've had enough to drink. I'm coming to pick you guys up. I'll be outside the bar in 10." I say.
"Hey, I wasn't finished!" He says.
"See you in 10." I say and hang up.

*time skip*

It's Saturday morning and I'd just woken up when I heard Mark groaning from the next room. I remember everything that happened last night and then get up, slip on an oversized t-shirt and some leggings and throw my hair up into a messy bun before going into the kitchen to get him some medicine and coffee.

"Markimoo?" I say, knocking on his door.
"Yeah..." he groans from inside and I open up the door to see him shirtless, laying on his front in his bed, with his face buried in the pillow.
"Hey buddy. You partied too hard last night?" I ask and sit down next to him, "I brought you coffee and some drugs."
"Thanks man." He sits up and ruffles his hair and picks up the coffee cup and takes the medicine, "God I feel like shit. Why did you let me do this to myslef? Where are my goddamn glasses? Fuck it, I'll just be blind for the moment."
"You did it to yourself." I laugh.
"I don't remember anything. God.. my head hurts like hell." He groans and rubs his temple with his right hand, "How did I even get home?"
"I gave you guys a ride home after you called me." I reply.
"I called you? I didn't even know I could work a cellphone while being that drunk." He laughs.
"Yep. You said you had 'something important to tell me'." I giggle and he looks up at me with a worried look on his face.
"Ah, shit.. what did I say?" He asks.
"You told me that you loved me and you wanted to marry me forever and ever." I laugh and his expression drops and I don't get a reply.
"Mark?" I say and stop laughing.
"Um.. well, that's not total bullshit..." he mumbles and looks into his coffee cup.
"What do you mean?" I say.
"Fuck it, I might aswell just say it. Y/N I've... kinda liked you. For a while now, I mean. I just didn't really know how to tell you because I thought if you didn't like me back then it would ruin our friendship. I get it if you don't feel the same, I just don't want things to-" he says but I cut him off by pressing our lips together.
He pulls away with a stunned look on his face but he smiles and his cheeks flush pink.
"So um... I guess that means-" he starts.
"I like you too Mark." I smile and he grins the biggest grin I have seen.
"Goddamnit, I am never letting myself get that drunk ever again." He laughs.

----------------------------------------------

Aww, I think this might be one of my favourites!!
Thankyou all for reading, don't forget to vote and comment!
Love you ~ Nancy <3