Chapter 10: Bloodbath

Jack

I couldn't sleep even if it was about two in the morning. Because of that, I got up from my bed and tiptoed to the living room. I sat next to a large window, which had a great view of the city.

I thought of a lot of things while sitting there. I thought of Merida, both her stupid hairball head and stellar aim. Hic, both his intelligence and his way with machines. Punzie, her beautiful eyes, and her innocent smile.

Wait, how did I just describe Punzie? I said both beautiful and innocent. For the love of Pete, get ahold of yourself, Jack! This is Punzie that you're talking about! I mean, she probably has goo-goo eyes for Flynn Rider.

God, what do girls see in him? All he's made of is a face and a walnut-sized brain so, how can girls fall for him?

I heard footsteps walking towards the living room and I flinched. But, it turned out to be just a sleepy Rapunzel. She was rubbing both her eyes and was yawning. Her big green eyes looked at me and she realized that I was here.

"Good morning, Jack," she said, putting on a sleepy smile.

I smirked. She's such a silly girl. I mean, it's like two fifteen right now but, it was still dark out.

"I had another nightmare," she said, putting on a sad face.

I started walking towards her and I picked her up bridal style.

"W-What are you doing?" she blushed.

I smirked, seeing her pink face. She looked pretty cute.

Stop thinking about that, damn it, Jack!

"You have to go back to bed, Punzie," I said.

Her cheeks turned into a light pink and I carried her to her room.

As I reached for the door of her room, she flinched like something was wrong. I noticed this and I thought that it was peculiar. I opened the door and I saw paintings everywhere.

The paintings showed scenes of the games. Most of them were pretty gruesome.

There was particularly one that caught my attention. It showed me but, I didn't look like myself. I mean, I don't have black hair or yellow eyes and I most certainly don't have an evil smile, do I?

The only other thing about that painting was that I was surrounded by bodies. Do I kill people in the games? Was this our future? How did Punzie even do this? I thought that Hic only had that creepy thing to see the future!

I don't think I'm going to sleep anymore after this.

Merida

*Time: 11:50 am*

This is it. Hiccup, Rapunzel, Frosty and I have been shot up into the arena. We couldn't turn back. I had my eyes locked onto the bow and I am determined to live.

The countdown was minimizing onto the last ten seconds.

It's now or never.

It's life or death.

The ten second ended and the next thing I saw was blood everywhere.

There goes all of District 4. There goes District 5. There goes District 6. There goes Districts 8, 9 and 10 too!

I ran and I snatched the bow.

I saw Hiccup running into the woods with Rapunzel. I'm glad they're safe for now.

The only person that's left to worry about is Frosty. Damn it! Where in the hell is he?

Then, I had an ax thrown at my head. I ducked, of course, but, seriously? An ax?! The capitol's ideas of weapons are beginning to get on my nerves.

I had no choice but to run and make sure that he's perfectly fine.