The art of misdirection

The guys laughter starts fading, what did I do?! "Uh" Jace coughs, "Ana, why is the back of your t-shirt all red?"

SHIT. SHIT. SHIT ABORT MISSION, I REPEAT,  ABORT MISSION!

"well, you see, funny story. my dad..." I choke on the word, dad, its just not the word I would use to describe Dave...at all, "He was kinda hungover this morning  and he dropped his glass of cranberry juice on my back, I think, and I guess I was in such a hurry that I forgot my jacket to cover it up. No big deal" I shrug hoping to make my horrible lie a tad more believable.

None of them look even slightly convinced.

I look towards their 'leader' Ash.  His hard eyes stare right back into my pleading ones. They soften slightly.  "What actually happened Annie?"

Annie?

"Yes Annie, stop stalling and answer the question, please"

I said that out loud?

"Annie!"

I jerk away, man I should stop getting lost in my head.  "That was what happened ash, you're just reading to much into things. Sometimes, the weirdest things have the simplest explanations."  Wow, that got realllyyy deep, reallyyy fast.

"Ok sooooo.... I'm just going to go and....yeah" With a small thumbs up, I waltz off.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

My  inner mantra scolds me. Why did I have to do that? Those boys are worming their way into my life faster than my granddad could eat a whole plate of mums finest pasta, and let me tell you, that's fast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haiiiiiii>.<

Sorry for being practically non-existent over January, and then coming back and posting a short chapter but.... well I have excuse except school, I had loads of test and homework directly after Christmas so things were extremely hectic.

Anyway.... until next time my lovelies <3

~Sophie^-^