Chapter 15: Strange Cats

Moonlight's POV

I watched in horror as Lightpaw and Frostmeadow fell over the edge.

"No!!!!!" I yelled and went to leap after them but Sunstar stopped me. "Let me go!!" I cried.

"There's nothing more we can do for them. They're as good as dead..." Icystorm and Wavepool started crying as they had just watched their second kit die. I shivered and started crying heavily. I collapsed to the ground as the weight of the loss buried me to my spot.

"I think we should rest here, there's not much we can do until we figure out our next course of action. Only Frostmeadow knew where we were going." Sunstar stated. Everyone agreed. I stared at where she had gone over numerous times as night fell.

"Moonlight..." Sunstar muttered.

"She's gone...Just like that she's gone..." That's when a black silhouette appeared from the rocks nearby. I jumped to my feet hopefully but was confused when two unknown cats appeared.

"Who are you?" Snowstar hissed.

"My name is Stream and this is Breeze, are you the Clan cats Frostmeadow mentioned?" We all froze.

"Frostmeadow is alive?" I asked gently.

"Yes, her and Lightpaw. I saved them from falling into the rocks. They are resting, but they aren't fit to travel yet. If you come with us we can take you to them." We all looked between one another.

"How do we know we can trust you?" Snowstar asked.

"You just have to if you want to see her and Lightpaw again. They probably wouldn't find you if they were to set out in a few days." Stream explained.

"I want to see her. I want to see Frostmeadow." I padded over to them.

"We will send a few cats with you and if they come back with good news we will all join you." Sunstar stated firmly.

"Fair enough. Come then." Snowstar, Oceanpaw, Frostclaw and I followed Stream and Breeze. When we arrived at the cavern I felt on edge, this was unknown territory and these cats had the advantage.

"Welcome Clan cats. My name is Gray of the Night Sky." A gray tom jumped down from a rock and padded over, he had a huge smile on his face. I relaxed a little, but looked around for my sister.

"Where is Frostmeadow?"

"And Lightpaw?"

"They're resting. My name is Petals in the Wind, I've been taking care of them." She was a pale golden tabby she-cat with gentle blue eyes. She was signaled for me to follow her. I slowly followed with Snowstar to a den nearby. My sister's scent filled my nose and I rushed inside to see her sleeping with Lightpaw wrapped inside her tail.

"Frostmeadow..." I started crying as I saw her. I felt like I was dreaming, that when I closed my eyes and opened them again she would be gone. But she was there, she was alive. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Moonlight..." She fully woke up and jumped to her feet. Lightpaw woke up as well and looked at Snowstar and I.

"How are we..." She questioned.

"Stream saved us. It's okay you're okay."  Frostmeadow soothed the apprentice's nerves. She looked back at me. "Moonlight, Snowstar I'm so sorry I made you worry." She looked over and licked my shoulder. "I'm okay Moonlight, please don't cry." I breathed in her scent happily.

"Thank Starclan..." I whispered and Lightpaw padded over to Snowstar.

"How are my parents?"

"They were extremely worried, but they will be happy to know you're safe." Frostmeadow looked at Petals.