Nosedive

*Dean's POV*

~Two weeks since Sam left..~

"I can't take it anymore, Bobby. I don't know what else to try. I call his phone every hour, but it's been off since he left. Bobby... What if Sammy is dead?" my voice cracked at the end.

"Now Dean, you know you can't go thinkin' things like that. Sam just needs some time."

I ended the call without a response, chewing the nub of my thumbnail. I hadn't showered in days. Or really eaten much either. My main source of intake consisted of mostly liquor. I was literally losing it from not finding anything new about Sam, and my moods either consisted of straight rage or nothing at all.

I spent plenty of time cleaning up the things I'd broken in my fits of frustration. And I was damn near on the brink of insanity.

But if anything in this mess was set in stone, it was the fact that I'm not going to give up. Whatever it takes.

I will find Sammy.

°°°°°°°°

*Sam POV*

I picked up my cell with shaky hands, turning it on for the first time in two weeks. It was flooded by so many notifications that it froze. Once it restarted, I dialed a new number.

"Hello?" a female voice asked shyly.

"Katie?" I said softly, "It's Sam Winchester."

"Sam? Its so nice to hear from you! Oh god I've been worried." she exclaimed.

"Katie are you near Vail Colorado by any chance?" I asked.

"Maybe an hour out. Is everything okay, Sam?" she asked with new concern lacing her words.

"I ah, not really. Can we talk in person? Uh-huh. Okay thanks Katie."

*Click*

I awoke some time later to the sound of someone rapping their knuckles on my door. I jumped up, poised to fight off a potential assailant.

"Sam? You in there? It's Katie." a voice called from the other side.