Chapter Ten

Next Day

Caleb's P.O.V

[Text Convo: C- Caleb D- Dakota]

D- so you broke up with her early? Good boy ;)

C- She broke up with me.. She didn't want a long distance relationship.

D- good :) she doesn't like you anymore

C- She never said that

D- whatever. the point is you guys are done, so it will be easier for us ;)

C- I don't like you

D- it doesn't matter, you follow MY orders

C- but why :l

D- I already told you why. You're going to the award show tonight, right?

C- Yeah my dad is nominated and so am I.. Why?

D- Good :) You're my date tonight

C- No.

D- Yes you are. Remember whatever I say goes ;) Make sure you arrive at around 6:30 so we can walk the carpet together. That will be our first apperance as a couple

C- No.. It would look like I moved on quickly

D- That's good. So that other girl will also forget you quicker :) follow my rules or else. g2g bye ;) xx

"Who are you texting?" Mom asked as she entered my hotel room, we still haven't left.

"No one, why?" I said while putting my phone in my pocket.

"Caleb don't lie to me." Mom warned.

"Ok.. I was just texting a new friend." I sighed.

"Oh really? What's their name?" Mom asked. Why does she have to know everything? I get that she's curious but honetly I get annoyed sometimes.

"I forgot.. We just met." I answered.

"How can you forget?"

"I just did ok? Anyways did you want anything? Why are you in here?" I asked.

"Caleb Bieber are you being sassy with me?" Mom scolded while crossing her arms.

"Sorry." I tried to say without an annoying tone.

"I came to tell you that your father wants you to be ready for the award show by 4:30."

"Why so early?"

"Interviews an he wants to be walking the carpet early."

"Alright." I nodded.

"Well it's 3pm now.. You better start getting ready now." Mom said. I sighed a little and got up and went to go get ready. I took a nice warm shower and did my hair and stuff. By the time I was finished it was 4:15. Great. I pulled out my phone and decided to call Jamie.

"Hello?" A voice answered after the phone rang 3 times.

"Hey.. Who's this?" I asked, that didn't sound like Jamie.

"It's Vansessa.. Who's calling?" She replied. Oh yeah I remember Vanessa, she came to visit Jamie at one of my shows.

"Oh hey it's Caleb.. Where's Jamie?"

"Jamie can't come to the phone now."

"Why not?" I asked. There was a silent pause.

"She's taking a nap."

"Are you sure?" I asked. She sounded like she was lying.

"Yeah.." She sighed. "Jamie really misses you tho. She fell asleep in your sweater."