Chapter Seventeen

Codie's Birthday

Caleb's P.O.V

"Mom I know, ok." I sighed as my mom kept on giving me orders on where to put stuff. I was currently setting up for Codie's birthday party basically all by myself.

"I have to go check on the food, make sure you get everything done, okay?"

"Yes mom, ok." I nodded and watched her leave. I sighed and sat down on a chair.

"I knew you were going to sit down." Mom scolded as she came back. I chuckled a little and stood back up. "Caleb I'm serious this really needs to get done."

"Then why don't you give me help?"

"Because this is punishment for fighting."

"As if you never did anything bad." I said without thinking. Mom glared at me before answering.

"I didn't."

"Are you sure about that?" I chuckled. We both knew she was lying.

"Just hurry and get this finished before I extend your punishment." Mom scolded and left. I rolled my eyes and started to get back to work. Why did mom lie to me tho? She's famous so of course I've read the old articles about her. When she smoked, partied and got drunk, when she fought with paparazzi, ect. I've probably read it all and mom has to admit it sometimes. I got lost in my thoughts as I continued to set up.

2 Hours Later

"Finally." I said to myself as I decided to randomly lay on my back on the floor. This was tiring. Just then my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I answered without checking the caller I.D.

"Caleb." I heard Dakota say. I thought I deleted her number, oh my god.

"What?" I sighed and rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"I'm coming to Codie's birthday party at around 6 ok?"

"No you can't come."

"I asked your mom and she said yes. Can't wait to see you baby." She said, just by the tone of her voice I could tell she was smirking.

"Well too bad I'm not going to be able to see you, I will be working all night."

"Still, I'll make sure we get photographed together."

"We're not dating, never again." I sighed.

"We'll see." She chuckled. I rolled my eyes and hung up as I watched dad enter the venue.

"Damn you set everything up really well." Dad chuckled as he looked around. I didn't reply. He then came over and gave me a bottle of water. "Are you tired?"

"Yeah kind of."

"Well good thing you got in trouble or else Ky would of made me set it all up." Dad smiled and patted my back.

"Why is mom so strict on me?" I asked randomly. "I know she's done badder things."

"It's because your mother wants what's best for you, she doesn't want you to do bad things because she doesn't want you to get the kind of hate she got for doing those mistakes."

"I don't care about the hate, I just won't read it." I sighed.

"You may say that now, but trust me.. Some nights you will stay awake read it.. Just searching your name and reading everything they say about you.. It gets you thinking." Dad said. "Anyways.. Just go easy on your mom because when you're mad at her it gets her sad and makes her think she's not a good parent... And when she's sad then that makes me sad." Dad explained. "So if you loved us then I guess deal with this."