Chapter Eighteen

8pm

Jamie's P.O.V

"Oh my god Nathan please leave me alone." I said annoyed as I moved my arm away from him. All night he's been sticking by my side. There was a lot of people at this party so it was hard to try to find his dad. Leah was with Codie and most of the other kids at the game area. Caleb was waitering people because Kylie made him.

"You're hot tho... I like you, it's like love at first sight." He said and sat next to me.

"The feelings not mutual." I said and ate some chicken salad.

"Come on babe." Nathan said as he put his arm around my shoulder. "I know you like me."

"I don't, I barely know you." I replied and took his arm off.

"We can get to know eat other.. I'll start." He said while moving his chair closer to me. "My name is Nathan Flores, Im 13, I'm an only child, my birthday is November 5th, I wanna be a video director like my dad, and uh.. I like you." He said. "So tell me about you now." He smiled. I ate a little more before I answered.

"My name is Jamie Frontier, I'm 16, I have a little sister named Leah, I wanna be a nurse or doctor, My birthday is April 23rd, and yeah." I said.

"You forgot to say you like me at the end."

"I was taught to never lie." I replied.

"You don't like me?"

"Not in the way you like me."

"Aw." Nathan sighed. "Where do you live anyways? Are your parents here? Where are they?" Nathan asked curiously.

"Oh uh.. I live in California with my Aunt." I said.

"Why not with your parents? Are they here?"

"Just because..." I said while looking away, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Because why? Tell me."

"No."

"Jamie come on please?"

"I said no."

"Tell me or else."

"No." I said getting annoyed.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee."

"BECAUSE THEY ABUSE ME OK?!" I shouted. There was a lot of people staring at me. Tears started to form so I quickly left. I left to outside and sat on a bench.

"Jamie.. Hey I'm so sorry." Nathan said as he sat next to me. "I didn't know.. Jamie I'm sorry." He said as he hugged me and rubbed my back, I lightly cried into his shoulder. Just thinking about them makes me so sad.

"I-It's ok." I managed to say as I sat up straight.

"No it's not.." Nathan sighed.

"What are you guys doing out here?" Caleb asked.

"N-nothing." I said quickly and looked away to wipe my tears.

"What's wrong?" Caleb asked and sat on the other side of me.

"I made her upset." Nathan said.

"What did you do?" Caleb asked trying not to get angry.

"I asked about her parents." Nathan answered. A tear fell again.

"Jamie everything will be alright, okay?" Caleb said as he hugged me. I just hugged him back and we stayed like that for a while.

"The cake is going to be cut!" I heard Connor shout. I straightened up and fixed my hair and dress.