Chapter 6

Recap

JIMIN: So what about me? Is that puppy gonna...st-steal you away f-from me?

Jimin seemed to have lost his confidence halfway through.

His cheeks turned a brighter pink than it already was seeing as how his cheeks seemed to be naturally pink already.

You gave him a warm smile in response.

YOU: Never.

**************************************

???: Oh my god! She's so pretty!

You both spun around and saw a lady standing at your table with her hands clasped and huge smile on her face, looking at the two of you.

Jimin jumped up and grabbed the lady's hands.

JIMIN: Mom!

JIMIN'S MOTHER: What? I just wanted to meet her. When I heard from your father that you brought a date with you for the first time, I just had to see!

JIMIN: If only you'd wait a bit. I was gonna do it sooner or later you know...

You glanced back and forth between Jimin and his mother before a tray with food was placed Infront of you.

JIMIN'S FATHER: Here you go sweetheart. The best food around. Enjoy!

YOU: Thank you!

He glanced at his wife and son who was still speaking quietly before leaning in and whispering...

JIMIN'S FATHER: You know, honestly, this is the first time Jiminie has ever brought a girl in here. This is the first time I've ever seen him around a girl period. That's why my wife and I are so excited so please excuse us.

You were shocked. You started with your mouth agape before you caught yourself and closed your mouth.

You: It's-It's fine. I understand.
He gave you a slight nod and a smiled warmly at you.

JIMIN: Dad, what are you doing?

JIMIN'S FATHER: Nothing, nothing.

His father whistled innocently before going to stand next to his wife.

He looked at his father suspiciously before smiling at you and taking your hand and holding it. He took a deep breath and faced his parents.

JIMIN: Okay, so let's do this properly. Mom, Dad, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is my wonderful mother and father.

You stood up, stumbling slightly and stretched out your hand towards them.

YOU: It's a pleasure to meet you.

They both shook your hand one a at time with suspiciously widening grins before they pulled you in a tight hug.

JIMIN'S FATHER & JIMIN'S MOTHER: It's great to meet you too!

You laughed heartily when you saw Jimin's face burst into flames and he face-palmed.

JIMIN: Mom! Dad! Please...

They giggled at his embarrassment and pulled away from you.

They told you both to enjoy your meal, told you how great it was to meet you again before retreating to the kitchen.

You sat down at the table and silently thanked his parents for the food before digging in.
You ate your stomachs full and wiped your mouths clean before a clearing of a throat got your attention and you lifted your head to look at Jimin who was fidgeting in his seat, his eyes darting all over the place before they settled on me.