That's All That Matters

Baz:

I woke up early, having set my alarm one hour before my usual time, trying to ensure that Simon was still asleep. I slipped out of bed and pulled on my robe, making my way to the kitchen.

He quietly rummaged through the cupboards, pulling out bowls, cooking utensils, and ingredients. He planned to make his boyfriend breakfast in bed, wanting to surprise him with freshly squeezed orange juice, fried eggs with beacon, and sour cherry scones. He knew Simon could eat it all; that boy was always hungry.

Everything was going pretty well so far, he already fried the beacon in the skillet and was working on the eggs while also preparing the scones. He got so wrapped up kneading the dough, he didn't notice the eggs were done until they started popping, grease flying through the air, some of it landing on him and burning his hand. "SHIT!" he yelled, yanking his arm back, sucking on his hand. He turned off the stove, grabbing the spatula and putting the eggs on a plate. He bent down to put the scones in the oven when a voice startled him, "What're you putting in the oven?" Simon leaned against the counter, munching on some beacon. Baz wasn't expecting this and jumped, causing him to bang his head.

"SON OF A-" He turned around, rubbing his aching scalp to look at the intruder. "Oh my god, are you okay?" Simon asked, taking a step toward him in concern. "Bloody hell Simon, what are you doing up?"

"I could smell food so I came to the kitchen to see what you were up to. What's in the oven?" he asked, standing on his tiptoes to try and see over Baz's shoulder. Baz held out his arms, pushing him back. "Oh no you don't, you're going back in our room until breakfast is ready."

"WHAT?" Simon screeched, coming to a halt. "Baz didn't even hesitate when he scooped him up in a bridal carry, dropping him off in their room and casting You shall not pass. Simon stuck his tongue out at him as he walked off to the kitchen. He let out a chuckle when he heard the smoke detector followed by loud swears. "Everything okay in there?"

"FUCKING PEACHY!" came the reply, and Simon couldn't help but to burst into laughter. Baz came back, looking disheveled and unspelled the doorway, allowing him to walk out. They walked into the kitchen where there was a bit of a mess, but on the table there were plates filled with fried eggs and piled high with beacon, and en entire silver platter decorated with scones. In the middle of the table sat a vase filled with roses and lit candles scattered about the room.

"I'm sorry everything turned out a big mess, and I'm sorry I had to shove you into our room, but I never had a Valentine's Day with someone I cared about before and I wanted everything to be perfect, but I messed everything up and-" Simon cut off his rambling by planting a kiss to his lips, effectively shutting him up.

"Oh Baz," Simon said, cupping his face. "You're all that matters."