Mates?!

It had been 2 years since I had last reported to my mom and I really wanted to see her again and my sisters, but I had to stop giving her info to avoid Ati busting me. I was fully grown as was Motamu, Ati, and Kian. Now that Kian was older he had to choose a mate, and it was clear Ati wanted it to be her. But I knew he would pick me. The ceremony was about to start. "Kian, it is time for you to choose your queen!" Hokana said. Kian stood proudly as all of the pride sat before him, "I choose... Miana." Ati looked like all the life had drained out of her, "What?" She was so shocked and angry. To make it worse, I accepted. The wedding was to be in 2 moons, and even though I didn't really love Kian I wanted to invite my mom, but I knew I wouldn't be able to. Miragu wanted to talk so we did. "Do you really love Kian?" She asked me. "Of course!" I lied right to her face and honestly it didn't feel good. "Okay. I just wanted to make sure." She said relieved. "Will you have kids?!" Now she was very excited. "Well I don't know." I said half shocked and half blushing. "Would I have kids?" I thought "Maybe..." I thought again. The 2 moons passed very quickly and it was all questions and getting ready, all the lionesses were badgering me about the wedding and what I would do after. It was stressful and Miragu noticed, "What's wrong?" She asked me very calmly. "It's all the lionesses... their badgering me and it's happening all to quickly!" I said to her as if she was my mother. "Ah marriage. I remember my wedding to Hokana, it was stressful at first and nerve racking. But once I walked to Hokana I knew it was true love because when I saw him I was completely calm." Miragu said putting a flower behind my ear. "Who was at your wedding?" I questioned. "The whole pride. Except for my best friend." She said sadly. "Who was your best friend?" I asked. "Her name was Yoni-" she said, but I gasped interrupting her.