Night Fifteen ~ Fiction ~ Valentine's Day

My fingertips traced the simple frame. Eyes set in stone. Watching. Each move he made, the crease of his forehead. Everything. Twas no coincidence he was here. Standing out there. He knew. He knew what he was doing to me. Arms wrapped around her snuggled close. Sat beside the plushest teddy bear. Why? Why did he want to hurt me so bad?

What is the point of coming here? It's his favorite spot he lies. Words flowing so smoothly no one would hold doubt. But I knew. I could see past the glint in his eyes, past his lips. I saw the truth. He only wanted to hurt me. Why else would he come back here with her? As much as I want to hate him with every fiber of my being, I can't. I love him. The memory of him whispering in my ear as he held me close still rings through my mind. I can almost feel his arms around me. HIs soft lips pressing against me. There was a time when I thought it would be forever. But that's a child's dream. Fairytales do not exist.

I was his princess now I'm no one. I knew I was nothing to him the moment I saw him beneath those sheets. The guilty smile. Her eyes darting everywhere but at me. That tug on her lips as she knew she had hurt me. Together they led us on a path of destruction. I can still fear the tears burning in my eyes. It's all just a memory now.