Chapter 3

Violets POV:

I walked through the courtyard of my new school with a cigarette in my mouth. I observed the people around me silently as I inhaled the soothing smoke from the cigarette.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" My head turned to face where the noise had come from, a tall girl with brown hair stared straight at me with her two friends behind her.

I locked my eyes onto hers and she spoke again.

"Do you know this is a smoke free property?"

"Second hand smoke kills." One of her friends spoke up from behind her.

"Sorry I'm new here." I spoke and threw my cigarette onto the ground and stomped it out.

"Are you kidding me?" She raised her voice and picked up the cigarette and held it out in front of my face.

"People sit here and eat here!"

"You don't know me why are you doing this?" I asked

"Leah's grandmother died of cancer she takes this stuff pretty seriously." Her other friend spoke again

I just looked at her with disbelief, who does she think she is.

"Eat it, Eat it or I'm gonna kick the shit out of you." Is she serious?

"Alright thats enough." Her other friend spoke up from behind her.

"No, no I want to see her eat it. " She took a hold of my head and pulled me towards her

We pulled at each other for a few seconds before I spit in her face and she took a step back.

"YOU ARE DEAD, YOU ARE DEAD!" I heard her scream as I ran away.

Harrys POV

I found my way back into Jakes office.

"So Harry when did these urges start?"

"I wouldn't call them urges they're more like fantasies because I like them." I smiled.

"But they started around two years ago." I spoke again.

"They all start out the same." I got prepared to tell him.

"Go on." He urged me.

"I'm preparing for the noble war. I know the secret and I know nobody can stop me, including myself."

"Do you target people who have been mean to you or unkind?" He asked.

"I kill people I like." I say confidently.

Jake takes out his notepad and starts writing some words down.

"Some of them beg for their life. I don't feel sad, I don't feel anything. It's a filthy world we live in, it's a filthy god damn helpless world. And honestly I feel like I'm helping take away from the shit and the piss and the vomit that run in the streets. I'm helping to take them somewhere clean and kind." I look around before I decide what to say next.

"There's something about all that blood. The Indians believed that blood holds all the bad spirits, once a month they would cut themselves to release all that bad. Now there's something smart about that, very smart, I like that." I look up at Jake and he's just staring at me soaking in what I've just said.

"You think I'm crazy?" I ask him.

He thinks for a moment before he speaks

"No, I think you're creative and you have a lot of pain you're not dealing with."