5. Mixed Up

Katelin went to get the paint from a corner. When she painted it on the werewolf's back, it was blue, but it looked kinda dry.

"Hey-what gives?" She said.

"It-hasn't been used for a few years." Keea said.

"Are you on our side?" I asked.

"Yes," She responded. "Unless my brother threatens me again."

Katelin and I look at each other, confused.

"Ooooookay." She said when she looked back at Keea. "So. How am I going to get back to being a human, while Megan turns back into a ghost?"

"Hey-" I start to argue.

"Walk into the Band Room, and you will return to normal."

We walked, all three of us, to the Band Room. Something tickled my bones when I walked through the doorway. I jumped back. Katelin walked through.

"If you don't go then you will never meet Katelin."

I looked at Katelin. Her deep blue eyes were filling with watery tears. I know I want to know her, and I want to stay human, but-I'm just plain mixed up!

"If I pick not to be a ghost, and I don't like my world without Katelin, will I get a second chance?" I asked.

"Yes. But you will have to get through her. She has great powers of the mind." Keea said.

"Whatever!" I said, frustrated.

I walked down the stairs, away from the Band Room.