Last day

The air was crisp and the sky was clear. My surroundings were at peace, and still. Not a trace of thought in my mind. Just blank. And of course the only place I could be is Flizberg Park, one of the many things I would miss...

"Cassia why do you have to move to California, why don't you stay here, in Washington, it's so much better?"

"Because... I don't know Chelsea. Can we just not talk about this today, I just wanna enjoy the little time I have left." I lay down on the grass. My brown golden hair, feeling the grass in between strands. My green eyes staring at the sky. Thinking about the change I would endure, my mind no longer blank.

"Huh, where do you guys want to go?" I get up, and my friends get up too.

"Let's just stay here," Jordan says.

Rebecca says," I know you don't want to talk about it, but how is, Bloomwood High? How do you feel bout being a new junior?"

"Well I looked it up, and it's super nice. And I feel anxious, I kinda don't know what else to say." Rolling my eyes mentally to ignore this unnecessary question.

"Anyway, Jordan did Christian ask you out? Cause there was so much talk about it."

"Well, No." Jordan says under her breath.

"Oh, sorry for asking" I say feeling bad I brought it up.

(Awkward Silence)

"Well anyway, how bout, you Cassia how did it go with you and Nick?" Joceylne said.

"Umm... I know we had a thing, and everything, but he plays too much sometimes. He wanted to make out against the lockers before school, when I just wanted to talk to him about me moving. And I know it's so chidlish that I never told him, and completely avoided it, but you guys already know that so, I'm sorry kinda all over the place."

"Oh, ok."She says.

Quickly diverted the topic to something else and we went on and on with no end until I realized it got a bit dark, so I decided to call my mom. It was time to face my reality. But when I get up, Nick and his friends showed up. I did want to say bye, even though of what happened. I swiftly walk over to him, feeling a bunch of eyes following me,

"Hey Nick, uh can I talk to you in private?"

"Yeah of course." He looks at me worried.

We step aside and I say,

"Ima get right to the chase," I look down. "I never wanted to bring it up since I found out but.. uh I'm moving to California." I immediately bite my lip.

He notices I'm worried and sad, and begins to say,

"Look Cassia I really like you, and you are super hot." Continuing to look down not knowing what to do. "And it really breaks my heart that your moving, and I will miss you." I look at him, our eyes meet, and I start to blush, feeling a rush I only felt when I saw him. He pulls me closer and I give him a really long kiss. I step away, but he holds on to my hand and brings me back in for a even better kiss, and quickly whispers into my ear,

"Hey Cassia, don't worry we will see each other again. And we can continue to talk. Everything will be fine." I step away for real this time, and having to be the barer of bad news open my mouth to say,

"I know, but uh... although I still have feelings for you, I can't... I just can't continue this..."

"That's fine, Cassia. I understand. I just want, what's best for you." I kiss him one last time and I am off. I say bye to all of my friends and his friends.

Jordan and Rebecca, and all of them give me one big hug. I embrace it for as long as I could. But I had to get home. I start toward the car, and I wave to Nick's friends and they give me snotty looks, except for Joey he was the only one who actually liked me, his wave gave much comfort on the walk to the car.
I enter the car. And I still feel Nick's kiss on my lips, knowing that I won't ever feel it again. But my mother proceeds to ask me,
"How was the hang out with the girls?"
I say nothing and just stare out the window. I know that we wouldn't move for another week but that week will not be enough to prepare me for the rest of my life.