Chapter 14

This is the last nightmare, I promise.

America's POV

He gets down one knee in front of her. Kriss.

"Kriss Ambers, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

"Yes, Maxon! A thousand times! Yes!" He slide the ring onto her finger and kisses her on the cheek. I walk off stage and go to my room. So this is it, I thought I lost the love of my life. I slide down the door and land on the ground. If I let one tear slip. Then I will cry a waterfall of tears. I stand up, fix my makeup and hair and I go back downstairs. I go off to the side getting a lot 'I'm sorry' or 'you were a good choice too' and stuff like that. I thought I would make it. Till Maxon and Kriss walked up to me. Maxon didn't have any expression on his face. Kriss though looked like she was about to burst with excitement. She was dragging Maxon everywhere.

"America I hope there are no hard feelings?"

"No,of course not." She gave me a hug and I hugged her back.

"Well! We better get going."

"Yea, you two should go." They left but before they did Maxon tugged his ear. I rolled my eyes at him annoyingly. He looked so hurt but I didn't really care. I'm about to walk out of the room when Queen Amberly called my name.

"How are you doing America?"

"Fine, I'm fine. Thank you." She gives me hug and the King walked up behind her.

"Looks like our son actually knows how to pick a wife."

"Clarkson." Queen Amberly says sternly.

"It was great knowing Lady America." He said then pulled Queen Amberly away. I roll my eyes and go to my room. I start packing and let the tears fall. I did this. This is all my fault. I lost him because I didn't know what I wanted sooner. I'm so stupid! I see the letters he said he wanted back. I also see the bracelet he gave me. I fall on the ground sobbing. I hear a quiet knock on the door. I get up and fix myself before answering. Maxon and Kriss are standing there, arms locked. I look at them wondering what they want.

"Can we come in?" Kriss asked.

"Yea." I let them in my room and they sweep over at its emptiness. I packed all my stuff up so now everything looks empty.

"Are you okay?" Kriss asked looking back at me.

"Yea I'm fine. Oh Maxon here." I hand him the letters and the bracelet. He looks depressed. "Um my family is going to be here soon and I would like to be ready when they get here so we can just go." I say not looking at either of them.

"Yea we understand don't wanna keep you here." Kriss says. This is awkward. They leave and I start to cry again. I hate this. This is the worst feeling. I can't think clearly. I lean my head back letting the side of my bed support it and close my eyes.

I wake up to Maxon kissing my eyelids. Then it hits me. I feel awful. My throat hurts, I have a horrible headache, and I'm nauseated. I don't want Maxon to find out cause then he'll make me stay in bed but today I start working on the wedding. So I act like nothing is wrong.

"Morning." I say as I stretch.

"Morning." He says kissing my nose.

"Listen about my dad, I wanted to tell I really did but then it would slip my mind. I also didn't want to tell you in front of people because then they could tell your father and then he would do who knows what to my family and then he could've hurt you and I also just kinda forgot about it. Also-" I get cut off by him kissing me.