Chapter Three

"This is ridiculous!" Rowan growled pounding his fists on the table. Aelin and Elide rolled their eyes and Lorcan kept on pacing around the room. "How could Sam Ashryver, our relative and son of two of our best friends, be planning an attack on Terrasen?" Aelin shifted her weight onto onto leg with obvious annoyance. "Buzzard please Sam has always been a rebellious child and I sincerely doubt he risk the wrath of Lysandra." Rowan shook his head. "Aelin I know you think you know this boy but you don't. Though he may be Aedion and Lysandra child something is seriously wrong with that boy!" The air seemed chilled and chock full with tension. Despite the fact that Elissa, Alec, and Mia were supposed to stay outside great hall after breakfast, they had hid in an empty closet to listen in. "What are they saying?" Mia hissed and kicked Elissa sharply in the shins to get a better hearing spot. Mia's long blonde hair was hanging down her back in ringlets and her blue gold eyes flashed with obnoxiousness. Elissa kick Mia in return and pressed her ear against the doorway. "They're talking about Sam Ashryver" Elissa whispered. "That broody boy?" Mia pondered. "Yes Mia that's the one" Alec deadpanned. Mia wiggled her body in between Alec and Elissa. She could see Elide whispering in Lorcan's ear as Aelin and Rowan argued back and forth. "You're being blind Fireheart and even you know it!" That was the last straw for Aelin. "Alec! Nehemia! We're leaving!" Aelin shouted and flounced out of the hall. "Crap" Alec muttered and he and Mia made a run for it. Elissa stayed put and took guard so the parents wouldn't catch them. "I'll grab your coat" Lorcan offered and Elissa winced. She pressed herself into the corner of the closet and wished to remain invisible. Lorcan swung the door open and raised an eyebrow at the shape of Elissa hunched over in the corner. Elissa widened her eyes and made a pleading face. Lorcan slowly shut the door but not without a stern look towards Elissa. Noises of the guests leaving filled Elissa's ears and she breathed a sigh of relief. "Hey beautiful could you grab my stationary for me?" Lorcan questioned. Elide laughed and Elissa saw her lean down and kiss Lorcan softly on the lips. "A thousand times over for you" she whispered into his skin "though I know you're just using flattery so you don't have to get up" Elide winked. Lorcan snorted and Elide bustled out of the room. Elissa saw the door creak open and her father's face peering down at her. "Dad I-" Elissa began but Lorcan held up his hand. "Lisby I know what you're doing" he smiled. "Though I don't approve i also will not give you up to Mom." Elissa laughed "Mom would never let me hear the end of it that's for sure!" Lorcan grinned. "You can bet on that". Elissa felt her smile drop as she frowned ever so slightly. "Are you mad at me?" she tentatively asked. "C'mere" Lorcan said and wrapped his arms around his daughter. "You are my only daughter and I could never truly be mad at you.". Elissa buried her face into his chest and looked up. "Plus" he added "Like father like daughter, I was quite a rebel at your age as well." 'What's this?" Elide asked. "Just some father daughter bonding" Elissa replied with a smirk. Elide clicked her tongue and swiftly threw her arms around Lorcan and Elissa. They remained intertwined, Together in the center of the Great Hall, a family if there ever was one.